2009 Has Just Started - And Already...

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
lune ellise
Social Butterfly

2009 Has Just Started - And Already...

Post by lune ellise »

Happy New Year to all!

Sadly, there are others who are suffering despite the festivities.

My city has been shocked by flash floods. There's no national news about it (it's a small town) or anything so I thought I'll blog about it.

I thought I would share this with you guys, because maybe in a weird string of events, you might know someone who is affected with this in any way. Or maybe you just need something to remind you how lucky you are...
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Re: 2009 Has Just Started - And Already...

Post by sayeeda »

How terrible! I actually did see a blurb and picture about the flash floods in Cagayan de Oro in the paper, but not until late tonight. Immediately I thought of you and your family, and hoped you were all right. How are you really?

I don't know how I can help because if I had extra things to donate and there was a way to donate, I'd do it. Meanwhile I'll pray for everyone who's trying to get their lives back.

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Sorry to hear about this Fritzi..this is no way to start out a new year! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you and your family remain safe!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Me and my family are fine. We live quite far from the city's river so the flash floods didn't affect us much. I would try to update about our neighbors' conditions though - they are the ones who are in danger zone.

Thank you for your sympathies - your prayers are appreciated. :)
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Fritzi, I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope that you and your family are able to stay safe. Know that you are in my thoughts.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

*hug* I hope your city will pull through the best it can. Stay safe!

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Again guys, thanks for the prayers and thoughts.

It has calmed down here - as close to normal as we can get. :)

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Fritzi, I'm really sorry to hear of the devastation the prople of your city are experiencing. I'm releived to read your update that your family was spared the flooding and are safe.

You certainly do have a point that sometimes ppl could use a little reminding to not take things for granted. I've personally survived two catastrauphic events in my life (house fire, and a stroke) that tought me that lesson the hard way, and, even more importantly, taught me to appreciate what I have, 'cause it can be taken away at any time, in a variety of ways.

Take care, Frtzi.

dells

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Sorry to bring this off-topic thread back again, but most unfortunately, there's an update...

Again, no need to worry about me. Just help me pray that this bad weather will end.

If you're interested of the updates: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/2009/01 ... flood.html