A true fan

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
Homesick
Warden

A true fan

Post by Homesick »

I remembered a scene from the old TV series Tenacious D (named after the band): Tenacious D, episode 5: The Fan.
I'm your biggest fan. I created a website for you guys. I transcribed all your song lyrics. I compiled a list of Tenacious D's favorite things: Kyle, you love Jenny Craig macaroni and cheese, and Jack, you play video golf.
I thought it was pretty funny how they characterized a typical die-hard fan. If you watch the rest of the episode, there's even crazier stuff.

So if you've ever wondered what it would be like to meet me or Jim in real life, there's your answer! ;)
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Re: A true fan

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

That's hilarious! And also the reason I generally avoid talking to the band after shows (well, except when I've had a few too many beers)!

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Homesick wrote:I remembered a scene from the old TV series Tenacious D (named after the band): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31cceWPY8js#t=3m30s
I'm not sure if many people know this yet, but I just showed Jakob that you can jump forward to any spot in a youtube video by adding the following tag to the end of any video's url:

#t=*m*s

Just replace the * with the minutes and seconds in which you want the video to start. If the video is shorter than a minute, use a 0 for the M and put the seconds.

In the case of the video above, the code would be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31cceWPY8js#t=3m30s

It just thought I'd mention it because it might be useful for some of you who want to post links to those special parts of Dave and Dan, without buffering the whole video and/or skipping to it.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

PROMISESBROKEN wrote:That's hilarious! And also the reason I generally avoid talking to the band after shows (well, except when I've had a few too many beers)!
I hear you. That's the very same reason I'd feel nervous about meeting the band if I got the chance: "Hey, I'm your biggest fan. I created a website for you guys, transcribed your song lyrics, and I'm from Sweden."

Creepy... My brother jokes about the very same thing, too.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com