Happy Holidays 2009!

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
Homesick
Warden

Happy Holidays 2009!

Post by Homesick »

Alright, I just put up the holiday decorations in the site's header. Happy Holidays, everyone!

My parents recently adopted a kitten, so we'll have one more family member to get gifts for! Anyone else have any special plans for this year?
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Re: Happy Holidays 2009!

Post by sayeeda »

I don't but I'll spend time with mom in the morning and work in the afternoon/evening. C'est la vie in these parts of the world. :|

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and (for anyone who doesn't celebrate the aforementioned) Happy Holidays! :P

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

No, me neither, no special plans for now. Most likely I'll spend time at home with my family, maybe visit some relatives and that's it. I'll finally get some rest and I'll sleep, ignore my books, seminar papers and other annoying stuff :D I plan to do absolutely nothing, but I mean nothing :D except resting and watching Christmas movies and listening Christmas songs and spending time with my family and friends. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CHRISTMAS!! I could write a paper on how much I love holidays! But not only that, I love preparing everything for the holidays, decorating my house, preparing food, baking cookies with my mom, and all long watching Home Alone's 108th rerun on tv. Aaaahhh, just love it. More and more people around me are annoyed by holidays and everything in the package - songs, movies and they say Christmas movies and songs are cheesy and annoying, but not me, I love everything about Christmas (Ok, I know I sad "love" 10 times by now, but you'll forgive me this time :) ) I don't care if everything is cheesy, it's one time of the year when, for me, things seem hopeful and meaningful again. OK, now I sound like a TV commercial, but you get the point.
So, in the spirit of the holidys, don't let anyone or anything get you down and enjoy this time of the year and spend it the best way possible!
Happy holidays, everyone!! :)

Oh, and btw, nice decorations, Jakob!

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Happy holidays everyone, and let's hope that there will be a lot of Soul Asylum stuff going on in the New Year.

mysterywb
Stranger

Post by mysterywb »

LOVE the holiday decor. Congrats on the new kitty Jakob! I buy my cat a Christmas present every year. This year he's getting little red and green toy balls. He's 9 now but he still goes crazy batting those things around.

My plans are to hang out with family and watch my favorite Christmas movies, "Miracle on 34th St." and "The Bishop's Wife." I love the classics.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! :D

The SLIP
Brand New Shine

Post by The SLIP »

Closer wrote:Happy holidays everyone, and let's hope that there will be a lot of Soul Asylum stuff going on in the New Year.
I second this!

We recently got a new puppy, as Closer, Dells, Zany, and a few others know. Such a handful! Hopefully Christmas will go smoothly. My brother's wife recently gave birth to their second child and my sister is expecting as well. Family expansion is on! :D

Happy Holidays to all!

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

merry christmas and happy december and happy new year to all :)

my special holiday plans are just being on Christmas Vacation for 2.5 weeks! i love it :) spending xmas eve w/ my in-laws and xmas day at my brother's.
doing some baking and watching some christmas movies the rest of this week.

it's been a great year soul asylum-wise, i got to meet Dave for the first time in May and just getting to see them perform for my 2nd time was so great. i even got to meet a few fellow forum-members from here at the show.
very excited for a new album in 2010!

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I'll agree 2009 was a great year for Soul Asylum and hope 2010 turns out to be just as great; I'm sure it will. :)

I'm in Wisconsin now visiting my parents (and finishing up my Christmas shopping). Early Christmas Eve we'll go farther up in Wisconsin to celebrate Christmas and New Years with the rest of the family.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Holidays.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

theswine
Runaway

Post by theswine »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Merry Christmas, everybody!

I'm so excited for Christmas this year! The only thing I'm not really looking forward to is going to visit the relatives. No one in my family really likes me that much so I usually just sit there being bored and not talking to anyone. Like seriously, I'd rather go volunteer at a soup kitchen on Christmas night than spend one minute with my extended family. If my mom didn't make me go to Christmas dinner I probably would.

Anyway, I hope everyone here has a great Christmas and a happy New Year. I can't wait to see what 2010 brings for Soul Asylum. I'm hoping I'll get to see them at least once this coming year.

Also... on New Year's Eve the once-and-forever king of Minneapolis music Mr. Paul Westerberg is turning 50. Happy birthday Paul!