My solo album was released digitally today for FREE!

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

My solo album was released digitally today for FREE!

Post by TravisSaves »

Hey Soul Asylum friends!

Today is a VERY exciting day for me! Ever since I can remember, I always dreamt of someday releasing a solo album. Now at age 30, I finally am! My 3 song EP "Bedroom Recordings. Volume 1" was released digitally today under my band name, 'We're All Just Passing Through'. I would absolutely love if all of you would download this free copy of the EP, give it a listen, and share this link with loved ones!

You can download it by visiting this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?1mmumkuamwz

(After the website loads, just click the 'click here to start download' button to begin your FREE download!)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Your friend,

Travis Johnides :D

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Re: My solo album was released digitally today for FREE!

Post by TravisSaves »

bump :)

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

It took a bump for me to check out your link, because I rarely spend much time listening to new music, but I just listened to your EP and enjoyed it.

Dreamcatcher immediately struck me as highly reminiscent of Dave Pirner's Teach Me To Breathe, which is a good thing because I love that song. The World At Your Feet probably made the least impression on me, but you never know how a song turns out after you've listened to it several times. I especially enjoyed the backing vocals in Fist Fight, and the ending was a fun and unexpected twist to the EP as a whole.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

Thanks so much for writing! I really appreciate you checking out the EP and letting me know your honest thoughts!

To say some of my inspiration comes from Dave Pirner, in one form or another, is definitely an understatement. If anything I did on this EP reminded you of Dave, then thats a true compliment!

Thanks again!

-Travis

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Homesick wrote:Dreamcatcher immediately struck me as highly reminiscent of Dave Pirner's Teach Me To Breathe.
I thought exactly the same thing, especially the first few lines. Nice job on the whole album/EP, sounds great. :)
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

Jim,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to listen and thanks for the kind words! I really really appreciate it!

If any of you are on Facebook, I'd love for you to become a fan of my band, We're All Just Passing Through. You can access the Facebook page here: http://www.werealljustpassingthrough.com

Thanks!

-Travis

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

I downloaded the album soon after you posted it, just didn't get a chance to take a listen and comment.

Great job! Interestingly, unlike Jakob, I liked The World at Your Feet. Love the ending of Fistfight :) Who's the other half of your duet?

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

Hey, Sayeeda!

Thanks so much for taking the time to download and listen! My younger sister is the other half of my duet. I also have my soon-to-be brother in law playing drums on the album, and I played all the guitars, bass, keys, and additional percussion.

Thanks again for the kind words! I really appreciate it a lot!!!

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Hey Travis!
I downloaded your songs probably two or three weeks ago and listened to them immediately, but somehow forgot to write about it here. OK, here it goes: Dreamcatcher - I don't know, it wasn't really a love at first listen. It's a good song, but maybe it'll take me a few more times to hear it to like it.
Now, the World at Your Feet I really, really liked! And Fist Fight too, especially the ending. Maybe you could play the whole song in that "ending" mode. Or not, actually, better not, its' better like this, cause you get that sudden twist that somehow makes the song even better.

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Post by TravisSaves »

Spoodiba,

Thank you too for downloading and listening! And thanks for the honest feedback! Thats what helps me grow as a musician.

Thanks again! It's appreciated more than you can imagine!