Live Radio Show 6/21/93

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Live Radio Show 6/21/93

Post by triumph3434 »

Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/SOUL-ASYLUM-NIRVANA ... 008wt_1149

Date is June 21st 93. I dont show this in my collection, but I dont have all the Dates. I got 3 shows labeled as just 93. Anyone got any more info on this? Was this released elsewhere?

topiratti
Inmate

Re: Live Radio Show 6/21/93

Post by topiratti »

is that an actual copy of a show or a bootleg? im not too aware of what cds available are acutal released cds or if they are bootlegs. Also does anyone actualyl make copies of live recordings for other SA fans?
Image are of baby rats my female gave birth too ;D

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

topiratti wrote:is that an actual copy of a show or a bootleg? im not too aware of what cds available are acutal released cds or if they are bootlegs. Also does anyone actualyl make copies of live recordings for other SA fans?
radio shows like this are sort of a grey area. They're not bootlegs in the normal sense, normally they're CDs that were distributed to a radio station to play as part of a show, so they may have played an entire concert this way. Years later the radio stations clear out old inventory and often sell these discs, or give them to employees who sell them, etc.

The band doesn't make money off these discs either way, as they're not for sale in the general sense, kind of like buying promo items. I'd feel just as good about downloading these shows as buying them on ebay, unless i really wanted the official radio discs.

Phil

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

topiratti wrote:im not too aware of what cds available are acutal released cds or if they are bootlegs.
A great majority of releases that contain Soul Asylum material can be found under the discography section of the site. While many are promotional items, none of them are bootlegs. If you click on some of the albums listed you might find a bit more information about it.

Hope that helps.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

note for whomever may be watching this ebay auction.

Phil already said it, but these are actual discs sent to radio stations to air. But the songs are from an actual show.

But a few things to note about this:

1) these discs are from a West Wood One Radio Broadcast, where these types of recordings/broadcasts are typically straight soundboard recordings and usually very high sound quality.

2) the songs on this disc are from the bands Ventura California show from April 14th 1993. The date you see mentioned in this auction is the "broadcast date", and not the actual "show date".

3) this show has been "bootlegged" numerous times over the years by actual bootleggers (using these same discs as the source), and these "bootlegs" that I have seen may have many different names on them (ie "Live From Ventura" etc). I didn't check out the discography area to see if this is listed or not, but if you see any of these that I speak of around, yes those would be actual bootlegs where someone other than the band is profitting the cash. But what you see in this particular auction are not "bootlegs". So in essence, these are the real deal and no need to buy the "bootleg" of this same material as that wuould be lower in quality (more or less, cuz you never know what those bootleggers to do the material before they release something)

That's all, carry on!
:mrgreen:
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

OK, Its the Ventura show. I have that. Thats all I wanted to know. I was confused by the Air Date. Thanks for the help/.