2010 July 25th - Taste of Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, IL

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
norma023
O'Jeezer

2010 July 25th - Taste of Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, IL

Post by norma023 »

surely someone here went to this one, reports please?
:mrgreen:
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Re: Taste of Lincoln

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

It was another great show last night. We got up front. It appeared like they were going to do another song or an encore, but the road mananger signalled to Tommy-last one. I saw some folks got a set list they may be able to say what was on the list they didn't get to. Here is the list they did do:

Somebody to Shove
All is Well
Misery
Lately
Cartoon
Gone Til November
Whatcha Need
Black Gold
Without a Trace
New World
Easy Street
Oxygen
Bittersweetheart
Slowly Rising
String of Pearls
Never Really Been
Runaway Train
Stand Up and Be Strong
See You Later

CULater
Caged Rat

Post by CULater »

Okay, I thought I just posted a reply but it's not showing up so here goes again:

Set list

Somebody to Shove
All Is Well
Misery
Lately
Cartoon
Whatcha Need
Black Gold
Without a Trace
New World
Easy Street
Oxygen
Bittersweetheart
Slowly rising
String Of Pearls
Never Really Been
Runaway Train
Closer to the Stars
Just Like Anyone
Stand Up and Be Strong

encore
Black Star
Stranger

Gone Til November was played in there somewhere and because of time constraints Closer to the Stars and Just Like Anyone didn't get played. Benny made an appearance for the jam session on Stand Up and Be Strong and much to my disappointment the Black Star/Stranger encore was not to be! I would have absolutely loved to see those two songs performed - how great would that have been?! I imagine because it was a Sunday night they had to stop playing right at 10 PM.

All in all a great, high energy performance with a fun crowd! Ears are still ringing....
"I've learned to accept and not to expect - the respect and neglect that I get. And I try not to forget about what hasn't happened yet.....""

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

Did anybody see the diva moment? Being up front you can catch these things. Dave announced Benny to come out and play along on guitar during Stand Up And Be Strong, as he done with the band many times before. Honestly, those of us in the front row and the backstage folks are the only people who even know who Benny is. Benny comes out and so did the younger guitar tech. The kid had an acoustic and he played along for the song as well. Benny looks at the kid and says, "Why are you up here?" and the kid looks at him while playing and said, "Why not?" The kid never left either and kept playing. I just thought it was funny. Was this roadie hirearchy? Or was Benny being a diva about sharing the stage with another roadie? A little roadie envy perhaps?

It did happen, but it is just pretty funny. I don't think the band cared or noticed even if the other roadie wasn't supposed to be up there. It made me think, wow Benny one tune where they announce you and you'll be asking for a certain kind of bottled water, M&M's with the brown one's removed, and your own tour bus.
See You Later

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

CULater wrote:Okay, I thought I just posted a reply but it's not showing up so here goes again:

Set list

Somebody to Shove
All Is Well
Misery
Lately
Cartoon
Whatcha Need
Black Gold
Without a Trace
New World
Easy Street
Oxygen
Bittersweetheart
Slowly rising
String Of Pearls
Never Really Been
Runaway Train
Closer to the Stars
Just Like Anyone
Stand Up and Be Strong

encore
Black Star
Stranger

Gone Til November was played in there somewhere and because of time constraints Closer to the Stars and Just Like Anyone didn't get played. Benny made an appearance for the jam session on Stand Up and Be Strong and much to my disappointment the Black Star/Stranger encore was not to be! I would have absolutely loved to see those two songs performed - how great would that have been?! I imagine because it was a Sunday night they had to stop playing right at 10 PM.

All in all a great, high energy performance with a fun crowd! Ears are still ringing....
It would have been great for the other tunes to have been on the list. I think this is the standard set minus those they do at the fests due to time it seems. It was still a great show and set that they did get to play. I hope they can come back to Metro or Double Door and do a full set like you listed. They did do Stranger at the New Lenox show. That was awesome to hear.
See You Later

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

Rebel Yell5 wrote:Did anybody see the diva moment? Dave announced Benny to come out and play along on guitar during Stand Up And Be Strong, as he done with the band many times before. Honestly, those of us in the front row and the backstage folks are the only people who even know who Benny is.

Benny comes out and so did the younger guitar tech. Benny looks at the kid and says, "Why are you up here?" and the kid looks at him while playing and said, "Why not?" The kid never left either and kept playing. I just thought it was funny. Was this roadie hirearchy? Or was Benny being a diva about sharing the stage with another roadie? A little roadie envy perhaps?
I know you mention that (possibly) the only people who know who Benny is are the people in the front row and anyone backstage, but you don't seem to know who he is from what I read. Benny works with the Management team, part of his job and getting the band gigs and making it all happen (you know, all the behind the scenes stuff?), so he is by no means a "roadie" as you mention.

Thanks for the setlist though!
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

norma023 wrote:I know you mention that (possibly) the only people who know who Benny is are the people in the front row and anyone backstage, but you don't seem to know who he is from what I read. Benny works with the Management team, part of his job and getting the band gigs and making it all happen (you know, all the behind the scenes stuff?), so he is by no means a "roadie" as you mention.
While everything you did mention is correct, I just want to add that Benny isn't part of their management team anymore, just still real good friends.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

norma023 wrote:
Rebel Yell5 wrote:Did anybody see the diva moment? Dave announced Benny to come out and play along on guitar during Stand Up And Be Strong, as he done with the band many times before. Honestly, those of us in the front row and the backstage folks are the only people who even know who Benny is.

Benny comes out and so did the younger guitar tech. Benny looks at the kid and says, "Why are you up here?" and the kid looks at him while playing and said, "Why not?" The kid never left either and kept playing. I just thought it was funny. Was this roadie hirearchy? Or was Benny being a diva about sharing the stage with another roadie? A little roadie envy perhaps?
I know you mention that (possibly) the only people who know who Benny is are the people in the front row and anyone backstage, but you don't seem to know who he is from what I read. Benny works with the Management team, part of his job and getting the band gigs and making it all happen (you know, all the behind the scenes stuff?), so he is by no means a "roadie" as you mention.

Thanks for the setlist though!
You are welcome. And part of my post I was kidding no harm meant. The exchange between Benny and the kid helping out did happen, but I was aware that Benny was part of management at one time. Plus you didn't seem to know his current status either so that makes us in the same boat. Cheers!
See You Later

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

oh I new that, read it all here as it was happening
linky
Guess I didn't write the appropiate areas in past tense