New Songs! - Gravity, Into the Light, The Streets

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

New Songs! - Gravity, Into the Light, The Streets

Post by Monolith Maniac »

At the recent Mankato, Minnesota show on August 6, Soul Asylum fans were treated to hearing 3 of their new songs for the first time. EnterTheSoulAsylum.com is fortunate to provide fans and newcomers with these 3 new awesome songs from the Mankato show.

The new songs are:

Gravity
Into the Light
The Streets

As of right now, we have them located on our audio page so feel free to download them there. Just enter "Twin Tone" (no quotes) at the prompt and you'll have access to them as well as some other songs which some of you may not have heard.

Click to visit the audio page.

Hopefully we'll get to hear these songs more and more with all the upcoming shows. So far, I'm really digging them more and more each time I listen to them. :)

Enjoy, and please post all your thoughts and comments about the songs in this thread.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Closer
Social Butterfly

Re: New Songs! - Gravity, Into the Light, The Streets

Post by Closer »

Ahhhhh, first new SA material in over 4 years (ok, apart from Let's All Kill Each Other)... a very good way to start my weekend after a long work week. I'm liking these songs a lot at first hear. Can't wait for the new album.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

That's Soul Asylum, all right! It's awesome to finally hear some new material.

I can't figure out off-hand what song Gravity is really similar to, but it definitely reminds me of previous tunes. All three of them do, really.

It's also pretty cool that this is the forum's 1000th thread. Well, the forum front page says it's somewhere around 850, but the t=1000 in the URL tells us otherwise. I'm guessing all of the spam threads we've received over the years get their own ID numbers but don't count toward the total since they're deleted. Either way, it's a fun coincidence.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I like these new songs. :)

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

I love all three. They've been stuck in my head since I first heard them. My favorite keeps changing - Right now it's Gravity. Can't wait to see them do them at an upcoming show!
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

As I did with Let's All Kill Each Other, I am currently in the process of trying to decipher the lyrics to the 3 new songs and put them up on the site. Although we've only got one live recording (so far) to work with I've started 3 new threads (one for each song) under the content discussion forum (which will actually get some use).

I'm sure the lyrics will be slightly different for the next few shows as the guys are just warming up with the song, but I'm just making these threads just in case anyone wants to partake in figuring out the lyrics.

If you see any mistakes that I've made and/or hear something that I've left out please feel free to contribute in the following threads:

Gravity lyrics

Into the light lyrics

The Streets lyrics
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

They played two songs I never heard at today's Oyster Festival in Milford CT. I'm pretty sure one was Gravity. I'll have to listen again to figure out what the other one was (But I assume one of these two).

Today's show was awesome. They weren't as tight as they were in Stamford a month or two ago, but the show was longer and much more satisfying to me.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

It was Gravity and Into the Light.

jasonC
Caged Rat

Post by jasonC »

They all sound great to me. I hope the new album comes soon. Long Live Soul Asylum.

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

Awesome, Thanks for posting. Thee are great.