2010 Aug. 21st - Milford Oyster Festival, Milford, CT

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
zany
Social Butterfly

Re: New Show! Milford, CT 8/21

Post by zany »

Miss Fitt 2 wrote: I told him if he wanted to make those available, we'd be very happy to have them. :-)
nicely put!

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

ok here's my peanut-gallery version of notes on top of sarah's notes!!!
mystic_spiral_3 wrote:
Black Gold--Dave started to dedicate this to Vic Chesnutt and the birds of the New Orleans and/or Gulf Region, prompting someone, I think Michael, to start singing Bird is the Word by the Trashmen. Then Dave said he was at the wrong spot in the setlist for the Vic dedication, so he dedicated the song to Dan instead.
i think he took back the vic dedication but did dedicate black gold to new orleans/gulf region and dan.
mystic_spiral_3 wrote:
Without a Trace--This was dedicated to Karl. Dave said something about Karl and oysters, but I didn't understand what.
he said it was karl that first introduced him to the oyster.
mystic_spiral_3 wrote:
Stand Up and Be Strong--looked like a fun time on stage. Dave also asked Judith's friend if he knew how to play guitar...guess Dave saw his air guitar skills!
seemed like he was trying to tell 'terry' to come out and play guitar and since he wasn't showing up on stage immediately he asked judith's friend instead. that's what it seemed like to me.??
mystic_spiral_3 wrote: For those that are interested: Dave had large holes in the knees of his jeans and Dan was somewhat openy-shirty. Actually, so was Pete.
also - for the sisters of the holy-pants- during the line "when you get undressed" dave hiked up his shirt a little showing off some bellybutton region.
mystic_spiral_3 wrote: Nicole, did I take enough notes? :)
yes!! thanks for your notes!!!

i'm SO glad i went. i was a 'bit' on edge being my first outing for so long away from my baby but i was able to chill out and have fun :)

a few of my friends that came with me who i've now dragged to 2 or 3 SA shows are starting to catch on to a few things. one asked "how come that cool bass player isn't here from last time?" the other said 'dave's hair is longer. he looks good'. and during one of the new songs the first friend said to me "is this one of the new songs?" i said "YES wow! i'm impressed you recognize the other songs enough to know this is new!" she said "no i just noticed you weren't singing along!" hah. :) oh well!

the new songs sounded really good in person (compared to the live recordings posted). on only first impressions i liked 'into the light' the most of the 2.

musicofourheart
Lone Rider

Re: Milford Oyster Festival Flickr Pro Photos

Post by musicofourheart »

Corrections made, thanks for pointing these glaring errors out. :oops: As you can tell I don't know the band that well and yesterday was my indoctrination to Soul Asylum and their music live. They were cool.

Can you help me out with the bassist's name? The Web site was my reference point.
Last edited by musicofourheart on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

musicofourheart wrote:Corrections made, thanks for pointing this out. As you can tell I don't know the band that well and yesterday was my indoctrination to them and their music live.

Can you help me out with the bassist? The Web site was my reference point.
The bassist yesterday was Pete Donnelly from the Figgs. He fills in when Tommy Stinson is away. He's a great addition to the band.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

musicofourheart
Lone Rider

Post by musicofourheart »

Thank you Miss Fitt 2. I will correct that photo on Flickr right away :)

This is why I plugged into the discussion forum. I knew thats where the knowledgeable fans live.

Peace,
Ed

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

musicofourheart wrote:Corrections made, thanks for pointing these glaring errors out. :oops: As you can tell I don't know the band that well and yesterday was my indoctrination to Soul Asylum and their music live. They were cool.
errors made by a new fan with good intentions are no problem at all, and we will be happy to get you up to speed on any SA info you are interested in. As you can see, SA rocks just as hard now as they did at the height of their fame, and now that you are hooked, you'll be here for a while, lol. Welcome again!

dells
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

I just posted somephotos of the show to my website.

Enjoy,

Rob

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Yaz McBoo wrote:I just posted somephotos of the show to my website.

Enjoy,

Rob
Great photos, Rob! Thanks for sharing!
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

thanks!

Like the ferris wheel in the background.
The one where they are both really grinning, and Mr. Micheal ;)

Great pics!