2010 Sep. 11th - Union County Union Festival, Clark, NJ

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

2010 Sep. 11th - Union County Union Festival, Clark, NJ

Post by Yaz McBoo »

2010 September 11 - Clark, NJ
Union County Music Festival

Somebody to Shove
All Is Well
Misery / (Silly Love Songs)
Lately
Cartoon >
Gone ' Til November
Whatcha Need
Black Gold
Without a Trace
When I Ran Off and Left Her
Gravity
Just Like Anyone
Into the Light
String of Pearls
Runaway Train
Stand Up and Be Strong
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Whatcha Need: "Cold Beer", "Sunscreen" ("because sunscreen and Rock and Roll go so well together"), "Some of This" (implied drum solo)

Dave's Joke: "Why Does Snoop Dogg always carry an umbrella around? Fo'Drizzle."

String Of Pearls played by request, inserted into the setlist in place of Never Really Been.

Bittersweetheart on setlist after Runaway Train but not played. The full band didn't appear on stage 'til well after 2:30, the official starting time.

Didn't see too many familiar faces in the crowd, but a good number of people up front seemed to be rocking out and knowing most of the lyrics. More relaxed crowd than the Oyster Fest in Milford, not as many beer drinkers here. More of a family atmosphere. Nice to see Kenn at the show, rockin out. He got the (partial) lyrics to Into the Light and will post them in due time.

TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Re: 2010 September 11 - Clark, NJ

Post by TravisSaves »

As always and as expected, Soul Asylum was great! They never ever let me down. My fiance and I (we were as close to the stage as you could physically get- we stood right in front of Dan) drove in from Long Island, NY, stood in our spots for a little over an hour (so we didn't lose our great spots), and had an absolute blast! They are still my favorite band of all time.

I am beyond stoked for the new album, whenever that will be!

emmnyc
Lone Rider

Post by emmnyc »

I went to the concert too and thought it was great! One of my friends went to the aftershow and said that Dave was there the whole night and she even got a picture with him! I knew I should've gont to the aftershow :(

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Just a quick comment (I wasn't at this show), but reading on the JFP, I have to post this quote "During Mike Peters' set, Dave Pirner came out and did a great Elvis impersonation, singing Blue Suede Shoes!" Did anyone else catch this, I always love Dave doing elvis up on stage, works so well.

Phil

turk196
Lone Rider

Post by turk196 »

Was at the UC Muscifest show on Saturday and Soul Asylum was amazing. They played a good mix of hits and some songs that were not hits. I wish they had played Bittersweet Heart but they played such an awesome set I can't complain. Just great to see them on such an amazing day. They were the highlight, one of my fave bands, and hope they play the area again soon. I did see Dave Pirner sing with Mike Peters, he did a great Elvis voice and rocked the crowd to Blue Suede Shoes. I took a ton of pics and video and if I can post them I will.
Fo' Drizzle. lol

Ba11
Marionette

Post by Ba11 »

It was a great show!

I got backstage passes!

Ba11
Marionette

Post by Ba11 »

Dave said they have 4 or 5 songs done and the album will probably be out next April.

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

philipgar wrote:"During Mike Peters' set, Dave Pirner came out and did a great Elvis impersonation, singing Blue Suede Shoes!" Did anyone else catch this, I always love Dave doing elvis up on stage, works so well.
Phil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faaZwWv9d4o

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Ba11 wrote:Dave said they have 4 or 5 songs done and the album will probably be out next April.
sounds a lot like what Dave said last year.... Not to be a pessimist or anything. He also told me years ago that the O'Jeez album was in the can . . . We all know how that album turned out.

Phil

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

the CD will come out when there ready and able to finish it. they already given us so much every thing else is a bonus. i cant wait for it though. at least there still touring.