2010 Nov. 13th - Kurt Cobain Tribute, Aberdeen, WA

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
desirae
Inmate

2010 Nov. 13th - Kurt Cobain Tribute, Aberdeen, WA

Post by desirae »

i just found out the Soul Asylum is headlining for a Kurt Cobain memorial, November 13th in Aberdeen Washington, of course it isnt posted yet so its not official, but i hope this is true, ive have been a huge Nirvana- Kurt cobain fan for a long time, as well as Soul Asylum. In a lot of ways Dave Pirner reminds me of Kurt cobain when hes playing. Hopefully someone can make this offical so i can buy a plane ticket

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Re: Soul Asylum and Kurt cobain!!

Post by LittleTooClean »

Here's a little more info that I found.
http://www.kurtcobainmemorial.org/news_ ... ?newsid=27

desirae
Inmate

Post by desirae »

Thanks for the info, im so excited to see soul asylum, esp for a Kurt Cobain memorial, it couldnt get any better, (for me) :D

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

LittleTooClean wrote:Here's a little more info that I found.
http://www.kurtcobainmemorial.org/news_ ... ?newsid=27
There's a line in that biography of Soul Asylum that strikes me as slightly odd:
Pirner’s many acting roles included one in the Ben Stiller-directed romantic comedy, "Reality Bites"
To the best of my knowledge, Dave has only ever starred in that particular movie (which is also confirmed by IMDB) so I would say "many" isn't the right word. ;)
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I wouldn't even say the Reality Bites role was a starring role but more of a cameo.

Maybe the biographer counted...uh...music videos as acting?

tied2thetracks
Marionette

Post by tied2thetracks »

As I remember he had one line in that film. He has a music video with Clerks, sound track work with Chasing Amy, and some sound track work with the move Back Beat that I'm not familliar with the specifcs.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

tied2thetracks wrote:As I remember he had one line in that film.
Don't quote me (on the quote) but I believe it was something along the lines of:

"It's better than kissing your husband's ass all the time."

I think it was in response to something Janeane Garofalo's character said. Dave was sitting down in the background of a scene overhearing the conversation when he said it.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Monolith Maniac wrote:Dave was sitting down in the background of a scene overhearing the conversation when he said it.
Yeah, if I remember correctly he was sitting on a bed clipping his toenails. (ew)

desirae
Inmate

Post by desirae »

im excited, i just bought my planes tickets for the Aberdeen show, with airfair and hotel, this will be the most expensive concert, but with a kurt cobain memorial and soul asylum, im sure it will be totally worth it, the only downfall , the concert is seated :? is anyone else goin? for a SA newbie, 3 shows in the last 6 months isnt bad ;)

Kurt Cobain Memorial
Brand New Shine

Post by Kurt Cobain Memorial »

Hi, Desirae. I will be at the event, which is called Lounge Acts. I am executive director and co-founder of the Kurt Cobain Memorial Foundation. We are all excited to have Soul Asylum agree to come play our show. It's for a fantastic cause -- we're trying to build a youth center in Kurt's name in Aberdeen.

The event draws Kurt and Nirvana fans from all over. Last year, we had people from Spain and several states other than Washington attend. Where are you coming from?

See you at the show!

-- Jeff