2010 Dec. 17th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Re: First Avenue Show Meetup

Post by LittleTooClean »

As long as the weather is kind to us in the Midwest I WILL be attending this years show.

It's been a while for me since I've been to First Ave. and the holiday show but I could not miss this one !

I will be arriving in Minneapolis Thursday night and I'm all up for the meet up and meeting a lot of you for the first time.

Of course it will be great to see some old friends as well
( Jim, Meg, Scot, Phil )

I might also being filming some stuff for SATV to document the holiday show and maybe the meet up for all of those who could not attend.

I will also be showing up with some Soul Asylum gifts for the holidays at the meet up.

Let's just say.... it's a DVD...it has never been officially released... and it contains all the Soul Asylum music videos :)

Mike W

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

I'm crazy enough to be flying across the pond again for another show! Couldn't resit booking at the last minuet last week after realizing last weeks I had enough miles for a round-trip transatlantic airfare and there was availability for a reward from my home airport!

I arrive tomorrow evening hopefully, all being well with the weather!

Will certainly be up for meeting up for drinks and a meal before the show on Friday hopefully we can decide on a venue, both Gluek's & the depot sound good to me

Andrew

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Gleuk's sounds good to me, and that place has additional SA history, as I think Karl was a bartender there for a while. There website shows a decent menu and good beer selection at "reasonable" prices (where reasonable is defined for a bar downtown).

Phil

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

Ok lets make it Gleuk's then! Say about 7 - 7:30ish? I arrived safely in mpls a few hours ago and celebrated by arrival with seveal beers! Oh deer Jetlag and beer dont mix! Hope everyone else traveling here in the next few days has a safe smooth journey.

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

Andrew check your e-mail; I did respond. Glad to hear you are in town and arrived safely.

I reserved a table for 10 at 730; under the name “James.” It’s in the front room; the back room is already full. We can grab appetizers, dinner, and drinks whatever.

So far; I have Phil, Andrew, Johnmutxb, crawl, LTC, me and Sara (my wife). Clammer’s, Kevinmpls and Norma023 ?? Let me know, post on this site not a PM as I don’t check that e-mail very often.

Tracy (PB); are you out there? Dave Pirner, Dan Murphy, Michael Bland or Mr. Thomas Stinson; feel free to join us. Anyone else?; I can modify the reservation number, no problem. Gluek’s just wants an accurate count; seems they are pretty busy this night.

If you can’t make it by 730; we should be there for a while.

Traffic permitting; I should arrive around 7, in enough time to grab a cold one before we get our table.
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Sometime to Return wrote:Andrew check your e-mail; I did respond. Glad to hear you are in town and arrived safely.

I reserved a table for 10 at 730; under the name “James.” It’s in the front room; the back room is already full. We can grab appetizers, dinner, and drinks whatever.

So far; I have Phil, Andrew, Johnmutxb, crawl, LTC, me and Sara (my wife). Clammer’s, Kevinmpls and Norma023 ?? Let me know, post on this site not a PM as I don’t check that e-mail very often.

Tracy (PB); are you out there? Dave Pirner, Dan Murphy, Michael Bland or Mr. Thomas Stinson; feel free to join us. Anyone else?; I can modify the reservation number, no problem. Gluek’s just wants an accurate count; seems they are pretty busy this night.

If you can’t make it by 730; we should be there for a while.

Traffic permitting; I should arrive around 7, in enough time to grab a cold one before we get our table.
Considering first ave's site lists doors at 8, shouldn't we try to do this earlier? I know some of us plan on going in at doors to get our spots.

Phil

kevinmpls
Stranger

Post by kevinmpls »

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make Glueks as I'll be going to the Honeydogs show at the Dakota which will start a little after 7:00 and feature 2 sets before heading over to First Ave around 9:30 or so.

kevinmpls

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Haven't been on here this week, so thanks for the reminder, Phil!

Jamie - YES! I'll be there with my friends Kelly and Kaily, so count us in for 3! Looking forward to it! See everyone at Gluek's around 7:30!

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

Phil; I hear what you are saying. Maybe the “out of towners” want to show up earlier; grab something to eat / drink whatever before the reservation, mingle with the rest of who straggle in—then head over whenever you want.

Just for me; logistically, 7ish is the best I can do. I’ll definitely be up for a bite; so I will keep the reservation. It sounds like we may be close to ten people anyways.

Just to give you an idea. The schedule is generally; the opening act hits the stage as 830ish, the second act at 930ish and the SA around 1045ish. As of right now; I don’t think there is a third act.

I’d like to hear if anyone went to the 1st Avenue 40th birthday bash last night. Any SA guys show up? How was it? Etc..

See ya at Gluek's...
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Sometime to Return wrote:Phil; I hear what you are saying. Maybe the “out of towners” want to show up earlier; grab something to eat / drink whatever before the reservation, mingle with the rest of who straggle in—then head over whenever you want.

Just for me; logistically, 7ish is the best I can do. I’ll definitely be up for a bite; so I will keep the reservation. It sounds like we may be close to ten people anyways.

Just to give you an idea. The schedule is generally; the opening act hits the stage as 830ish, the second act at 930ish and the SA around 1045ish. As of right now; I don’t think there is a third act.

I’d like to hear if anyone went to the 1st Avenue 40th birthday bash last night. Any SA guys show up? How was it? Etc..

See ya at Gluek's...
Are there supposed to be two opening acts for this show? If so I might be willing to stay a bit longer, but I really don't want to miss the Figgs playing.

Phil