Soul Asylum - the Beatles

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Closer
Social Butterfly

Soul Asylum - the Beatles

Post by Closer »

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Re: Soul Asylum - the Beatles

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Just read about this in the Star Tribune this morning! Very cool! Hopefully they'll perform Good Morning Good Morning at the X-mas show at First Ave!

http://www.startribune.com/entertainmen ... cyD_2yckUr
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Minnesota Beatle Project Volume 2

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Recently Soul Asylum took part in recording a song for the upcoming Minnesota Beatle Project Volume 2 album. The album contains 16 Beatles covers performed by many well known artists. Soul Asylum provided the song, Good Morning Good Morning and is already in heavy rotation on 89.3 The Current in Minneapolis and will soon be hitting other stations around the country.

100% of the proceeds from the sale of the album benefit public school music and art programs throughout Minnesota.

The album will be available in stores (including Target & Electric Fetus) and online (including iTunes) on 12/7/2010 in CD, mp3 and new, very limited-edition double vinyl formats.

To see the track listing and more information visit the following:

http://vegaproductions.org/mn-beatle-pr ... roject-v2/

I will post more information as I receive it.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Re: Minnesota Beatle Project Volume 2

Post by Asylunt »

Heard Good Morning, Good Morning this uh...Morning and it was a great start to a Monday. Sounds like Dan singing on this one, unless Dave was doing some weird infliction in his voice to sound more British or something. Also there was some sort of goat sound at the end that the Current Dj's were chuckling about after the song.

Well, I hope we hear some more new stuff besides just this Cover, like some new material off the upcoming album.
Would you look into my eyes if I were to go blind?

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

And its $15 at target.com and Amazon Seems to think that $30 is a good price. Oh well. Guess ill get it from target. Who has the MP3 Ready?

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

If you want to hear a 30 second clip of the song (it's the only part of the song I've heard so far) or clips of the whole album, you can check out the following link on iTunes.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/minnes ... 30548?uo=4

I seem to agree with Asylunt that "Sounds like Dan singing on this one, unless Dave was doing some weird infliction in his voice", though I'm leaning toward the latter. Looking forward to hearing the whole song though. :)

Nonetheless, I think it's cool that they were able to be part of the album, which is going out for a good cause.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

jasonC
Caged Rat

Post by jasonC »

Sounds like Dave to me, at least the part I heard.

Vicki
Lone Rider

Post by Vicki »

HI..i´m from Europe... will be CD available in Europe too? Thanks ;)

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

I bought the song from iTunes. I wanted to get it from Amazon because they're my legal downloading source of choice, but they didn't have it so I downloaded iTunes and made an account just for this song :P.

I think it's pretty good though. It's definitely Dave singing. I can't tell who all is doing the backing vocals though...sounds kinda like Dan and Tommy together. The multi-tracking is really weird. You definitely need both sides of your headphones! Good guitar solo and interesting animal sounds :P

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

the meat puppets on it to cool. went to target to get it i guess have to get it online they didnt have it in store.