25th Anniversary Show

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Re: 25th Anniversary Show

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Sometime to Return wrote: __________________________________________________________
crawl
I think I remember Dave making a comment at the 2009 Christmas show about how they had thought about playing Horse in it's entirity.... but decided not too.
I don't remember him saying this either; I must be getting old.
Actually, it was one of Dave's wry jokes. He said, "We thought about playing Hang Time in its entirety but we decided to do this instead" and then they went into Runaway Train.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Sometime to Return wrote:
Miss Fitt 2
I do remember someone requesting Nice Guys at the Fine Line show...
I was there right in front of George who was playing bass this night. I don't remember either of these, not saying they didn't happen.

I do remember someone standing right in front of Dave, yelling out a song ( I couldn't hear it) and Dave bending down to hear said person (the stage is low/ you can get right up next to it) repeat their request and Dave shaking his head and mumbling ... "Sorry; I don't remember that one." Does anyone remember this?
Yes, I was also right there in front of Dave and I remember that happening (and agreeing with the request :) ). It was definitely Nice Guys. He strummed a few chords and tried singing the first line a couple of times, got as far as "finest artillery" and gave up. He said, "I'll work on it, though."
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

Miss Fitt 2
I do remember someone requesting Nice Guys at the 2007 Fine Line show...
Sometime to Return wrote: I was there right in front of George who was playing bass this night. I don't remember either of these, not saying they didn't happen.

oh they def played a couple lines of Nice guys at that 2007 Fine Line show. Thankfully a recording of that shows exists so I can go back and listen to it.

I also think they played a couple of notes of Whoa! at the 2006 Fine Line show. Feel free to check that sample out in the link I posted already
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Oops I guess that was Hangtime then and not Horse, my mistake. I'm with Yaz, traveling, snow, hotel, pretty much cost does not go up that much for a second night. But I can see how it is hard during xmas season to block out 2 nights. I am only now at the point where I can do it 'cause the kids are older.

Congrats Dr. Phil... I could use some relationship advice ;) and yeah that would be some hang over, but you know maybe I could just not drink.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

crawl wrote:but you know maybe I could just not drink.
:lol:

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

Sometime to Return wrote:
Plus; do the guys play back to back nights anymore anyways? :shock:
yepper, starting off 2011 with a bang !!

http://www.enterthesoulasylum.com/shows/
(check the Upcoming section)
:mrgreen:
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.