Melbourne show mid 90's

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
raining
Runaway

Melbourne show mid 90's

Post by raining »

During the show in Melbourne, which was mind blowing might I add, Dave said something like 'this isn't a #$%## camp fire', does ANYONE know what he ment??? Was he being sarcastic or what, it has bugged me for about 16 yrs, .
P.S. Thanks for having meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee................... doing my best to get to the U.S. for a live show of there's...

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Re: Melbourne show mid 90's

Post by EasyStreet »

well, hard to say exactly, but I'd wager that he was being sarcastic. Or maybe the crowd was a bit too tame for him and he was sick of seeing them sit or something?

Just checked the shows section of this site, and do not see any mentions of any shows in Melbourne. Do you still have your ticket stub by chance? We could use that show date for the archives. http://enterthesoulasylum.com/shows

Thanks!
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

easystreet wrote:Just checked the shows section of this site, and do not see any mentions of any shows in Melbourne
Only mention of any Melbourne is one in Florida in June of 1988. I'm assuming he's referring to Melbourne, Australia (judging by the quote of "doing my best to get to the U.S. for a live show of there's..." )... but I don't have any archives of them playing anywhere near Oceania.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

raining
Runaway

Post by raining »

SA came out in '95 and played at 'The Palais' which is in St Kilda (Melbourne). I was working for a major record company at the time so I was able to score tickets and be at the meet and greet which was organised for after the show (SA never came).

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

I chatted a little with Dave once about Australia, as I've spent a lot of time there and I remember him saying they did a tour down there in the Mid 90's and even filmed a video there, think it was Promises Broken.

I noticed a while ago that the show archive dosent list any Australian shows, Would be great to somehow find out when and where they played down under and add them to the archive especially as it's yet another continent where the band have played!

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

Monolith Maniac wrote: Only mention of any Melbourne is one in Florida in June of 1988.
ok, the search feature when I use it does not find this show.

Might it be the Oct 23rd show from 1995? And we have the wrong venue/city/country listed ??
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

EasyStreet wrote:ok, the search feature when I use it does not find this show.
The search feature is based on Microsoft's Bing, so it has the same gaps in content, unfortunately. :(
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

EasyStreet wrote:
Monolith Maniac wrote: Only mention of any Melbourne is one in Florida in June of 1988.
I have to take that statement back, while adding the setlists to the show archive, I('ve already found over 60 shows that weren't added); and one of those was a few Australia shows (in November of 1995), including in Melbourne. When I was looking at the "archives", I was referring to the one on the site (and just saw the Melbourne in Florida listed; I wasn't looking at the massive Word document I am compiling all the setlist information from.

I would have most likely found them sooner or later, but since the topic has been mentioned I already added them under November of 1995 in the shows section.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com