Cartoon the Comic

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Homesick
Warden

Cartoon the Comic

Post by Homesick »

Today I received an email from a Denver Brubaker who wanted to showcase his "Cartoon the Comic", a comic based on the lyrics to Cartoon. Check it out!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

zany
Social Butterfly

Re: Cartoon the Comic

Post by zany »

I really liked some parts of it. Overall it was a bit too depressing for me.

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

Its cool. I like the Scene where he is shadow chasing

... The Lyrics are wrong though.......

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Hi guys! I have a question about the Cartoon video. I know there's a list here somewhere of all the cartoons appearing in the video, but I wanna know something else; I've recently watched "Watchmen" and you know that blue incandescent guy there? I know it's a comic book, not cartoon based movie, but at two points in the video, there's this blue guy appearing. Is that the same guy from the comic book/movie? I know "Cartoon" features cartoons, and not characters form comic books, but these blue guys look exactly alike. What do you think?

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

spodiba wrote:Hi guys! I have a question about the Cartoon video. I know there's a list here somewhere of all the cartoons appearing in the video, but I wanna know something else; I've recently watched "Watchmen" and you know that blue incandescent guy there? I know it's a comic book, not cartoon based movie, but at two points in the video, there's this blue guy appearing. Is that the same guy from the comic book/movie? I know "Cartoon" features cartoons, and not characters form comic books, but these blue guys look exactly alike. What do you think?
The blue incandescent guy as well as the atoms floating across the screen in the music video is from a 1952 documentary A is For Atom (it's kinda interesting too). But to answer your question, I don't think its the same character since the Watchmen comic books came out in the mid 80's and the writer of the comics was born in 1953. They definitely look like they could be brothers/twins with similar poses and all doing a image search for him (Dr. Manhattan). :P

Update: Here's your answer.

Hope that helped.

The list of cartoons are found in the trivia section for Cartoon.

(Just so happens the video image preview below shows him, but go to 50 seconds if you just want to see his appearance as shown in the music video.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi-ItrJISQE[/youtube]
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Monolith Maniac wrote:
The blue incandescent guy as well as the atoms floating across the screen in the music video is from a 1952 documentary A is For Atom (it's kinda interesting too). But to answer your question, I don't think its the same character since the Watchmen comic books came out in the mid 80's and the writer of the comics was born in 1953. They definitely look like they could be brothers/twins with similar poses and all doing a image search for him (Dr. Manhattan). :P

Update: Here's your answer.

Hope that helped.

The list of cartoons are found in the trivia section for Cartoon.

Right, right, dr. Manhattan, forgot his name :)
Thanks! I could have sworn they were the same blue guy. Yeah, it makes sense they're not when you think of the years in which the comic books started coming out and in which the video was made.