2011 July 23rd - Sheffield Garden Walk, Chicago, Illinois

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

2011 July 23rd - Sheffield Garden Walk, Chicago, Illinois

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Saturday July 23rd, 2011
Sheffield Garden Walk
Chicago, Illinois

Admission: $10
http://www.sheffieldgardenwalk.com/music.html
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

TwistedAndTangled
Stranger

Re: 2011 July 23rd - Sheffield Garden Walk, Chicago, Illinoi

Post by TwistedAndTangled »

My 6 year old nephew and I are going to this show. I don't know who's more excited me or him! He's never been to a concert before and is super excited to be able to see my favorite band. He wasn't able to go to the Louisville (my first time seeing them live, I've been a fan since I was about 13 and I'm almost 31 now) or Indy shows with me and I want to make sure that he gets to see them this summer, so we are driving 300 miles one way to be at this one! He watches videos with me all the time and thinks Dave is the coolest "rock star" in the world. Even though it will be a lot of driving it will be SO worth it!

Karlwerneth
Caged Rat

Post by Karlwerneth »

Oh ya, it'll be worth it. It's awesome for him to be so young and into them and not something more contemporary, he's on the right path for sure. Enjoy the show and spread the word. Soul Asylum is alive and well and better than ever... Well at least better than anything these days. Cheers!

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

Make sure you bring something for your nephew to get signed by Dave/Dan after the show. That will be something he never forgets either!!!

TwistedAndTangled
Stranger

I planned to do that just in case he gets that opportunity, but I figured that the chances of that happening were pretty slim. He would think that was the most amazing thing ever!

TwistedAndTangled
Stranger

The love of music has been passed down to him, his mom and I are both the kind of people who always have something playing and although we've made an effort to expose him to all different types of music he's always had a preference for the music that we liked. He does like some newer stuff but if you give him the option he almost always chooses the good stuff.

I spread the word daily, my phone computer and MP3 player are all loaded with SA and one of them is playing constantly. I've been shocked by how many people thought that their career began and ended with Runaway Train.

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

At this point it looks like it's gonna be a HOT one but I still will be attending.
I don't think Patty is gonna make this one.

This will be show 67 for me. :)
Might be making that 70 show mark by the end of the year!

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Yes a hot one, I don't blame Patty! Very neat that you are counting the shows. Hope 70 will be one of the xmas shows. That would be a great way to celebrate!

See you Sat. Give us a call we can meet up before.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

crawl wrote:Yes a hot one, I don't blame Patty! Very neat that you are counting the shows. Hope 70 will be one of the xmas shows. That would be a great way to celebrate!

See you Sat. Give us a call we can meet up before.

I may or may not make it out for this show... still debating if I want to make the hungover bus ride out to chicago on saturday afternoon...

Phil

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

LittleTooClean wrote:At this point it looks like it's gonna be a HOT one but I still will be attending.
I don't think Patty is gonna make this one.
I think Patty is just disappointed her friend from the Gin Blossoms won't be there. ;)
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden