2011 July 3 - Victory Field Rock'nRoll BBQ, Indianapolis, IN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
desirae
Inmate

Post by desirae »

Its not confirmed yet, but it looks good, heres the link i found
http://doingindy.com/2011/04/26/long-live-rock-and-bbq/

rockinbrian
Inmate

Re: Rock n Roll BBQ in Indianapolis- Sounds like a new show!

Post by rockinbrian »

Wow Soul Asylum at 3:00 in the afternoon. $80 for a VIP pass to be within the first 40 feet of the stage. As much as I like Soul Asylum and BBQ this may be a pass for me.

http://visitindy.com/indianapolis-inaug ... d-roll-bbq

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

I'm sorry, but I find all that VIP crap for any kind of concert or event to be really stupid. First of all, VIP stands for very important person. If I was Jim, I'd be a very important person. If I was Dave's wife, I'd be a very important person. Shelling out more money than everyone else pays does not make you a very important person. Also, calling the pricey tickets with the privileges and stuff a "VIP pass" just reinforces the idea that having more money makes you better than somebody else.

And I think it's especially ridiculous when it's a general admission/standing room type of venue and you can only be up front if you paid for the VIP ticket like this is. The biggest fans and the people who get there early deserve the best spots. VIP seating just isn't fair to people who don't want to buy or can't afford the more expensive tickets. It's not like it's an arena show where you have assigned seats and the better ones are more expensive. VIP ticket crap just segregates the concert goers into two groups and it's like "okay, rich people can stand here, poor people have to stand over there" added onto the early-birds-get-the-best-spots system of general admission seating.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying people shouldn't buy the VIP tickets if they want them. If you wanna buy a VIP ticket then by all means go for it. I'm just saying I wish these event promoters would quit with the pretentious VIP crap. If you want to make people pay for other extras then fine, but don't bring the seating into it because that just ruins it for everybody else.

rockinbrian
Inmate

Post by rockinbrian »

I could live with a charge of $10-20 for the festival to help cover the cost of having the bands. But I agree with you 100% that the tickets should be called something other than VIP.

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

Yep, that VIP stuff drives me nuts. They're doing that with Jazz Fest (starts tomorrow) but I think it's about a thousand bucks - you get to be up front under a tent, blah blah blah. And I think they did it with Gretna Fest last year. Give me some mo' money and I'll tell you're beautiful, too. Anything to get a few more bucks...

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

desirae wrote:Its not confirmed yet, but it looks good, heres the link i found
http://doingindy.com/2011/04/26/long-live-rock-and-bbq/

It's definitely a go! :)

July 3rd, 2011
Victory Field Rock and Roll BBQ
Indianapolis, Indiana

Showtime: 3:00 PM

http://www.indyrocknrollbbq.com/?page_id=12
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

bigGexpress
Lone Rider

Re: 2011 July 3 - Victory Field Rock'nRoll BBQ, Indianapolis

Post by bigGexpress »

Saw the show at the Derby Festival. It was excellent. I'm looking forward to this one also.

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Looks like we can make this one! Still looking at the tickets. Did it say that if you were there before 2pm you got in for free? Not sure if I can make that it would be cutting it close. Averaging in the number of times I have seen them for free, I don't think I can complain about ticket prices, most big sheds and artist are charging over 100 per show. VIP looked like it included drinks and food. Has anyone gotten tickets yet or familiar with the venue?

eeyoretigger
Marionette

Post by eeyoretigger »

The venue is the parking lot of a minor league baseball team's stadium. Not sure how the setup will be as I believe this is the first year for this festival. I definitely plan to be there however I don't plan to buy special tickets. The VIP tickets don't get you seating til after 5 and Soul Asylum will be over by then and I'm not convinced the other tickets are worth the price. That and we have friends coming with us this time and I don't think they want to pay the price. So I think that we will just pay general admission, or hope to get in free if we get down to Indy early enough, and get as close as possible.

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

On the way now :)