A drift in another direction

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
levybaxter
Runaway

A drift in another direction

Post by levybaxter »

Is there a special SA tune that gives you chills, brings tears to your eyes, or simply spreads a smile across your face? "Close" is that very special song for me.

"Well I've known you forever,
we complete each other's thoughts
Ain't like we never got in trouble,
it's just we've never gotten caught

And if you've got a secret
It's in me you can confide
And if we ever get split up
I'll always be on your side "

Wow who doesn't want a friend like that? Thanks SA for all the great tunes.
I'm curious if any else has special SA lyric?

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: A drift in another direction

Post by philipgar »

levybaxter wrote:Is there a special SA tune that gives you chills, brings tears to your eyes, or simply spreads a smile across your face?
Freak Accident does this, I absolutely adore that song. Of course, besides giving me the chills and/or putting a smile on my face it also angers me knowing that one of Dave's greatest songs is likely lost forever.

Phil

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Too many... funny enough the band's finest songs are in my opinion among their b-sides or outtakes, like Directions, Die In Your Arms and By The Way, to name a few.

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

i made a cd for my wife.i only chose 1 of the 12 songs to be a SA song and i put CLOSE on there its a great love or best friend song.beautiful lyrics.

NightHawk
Stranger

Post by NightHawk »

Every Soul Asylum studio album I have listened to over and over again, there aren't that many songs of theirs I havn't listened to repeatedly. No time for Waiting, Growing Pain, Sun Don't Shine, Marionette are the songs right now I like listening to the most but that's only to name a few out of a hundred.

Carl Rombauts
Marionette

Post by Carl Rombauts »

EL DANGEROSO wrote:i made a cd for my wife.i only chose 1 of the 12 songs to be a SA song and i put CLOSE on there its a great love or best friend song.beautiful lyrics.
Great song. Just listened to it for the first time (shame on me).
My choice would be if I skipt the obvious (Runaway train) and the cover (When I ran off and left her) : Nothing to write home about

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

Carl Rombauts wrote:
EL DANGEROSO wrote:i made a cd for my wife.i only chose 1 of the 12 songs to be a SA song and i put CLOSE on there its a great love or best friend song.beautiful lyrics.
Great song. Just listened to it for the first time (shame on me).
My choice would be if I skipt the obvious (Runaway train) and the cover (When I ran off and left her) : Nothing to write home about
when i ran off is a beautifuly sad song. vic chesnutt is one of best songwriters ever. no one writes about the kind of things he did.but daves a better singer than vic so i like SOUL ASYLUMS version better.too bad vic died so young.

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Sure miss CLOSE!