2011 June 18th - King Cat Theater, Seattle, WA (Cancelled)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
ghettogold
Inmate

Re: 2011 June 18th - King Cat Theater, Seattle, Washington

Post by ghettogold »

So sad.
Guess I gotta wait until July in Nakusp.
Hope the guys are ok.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: 2011 June 18th - King Cat Theater, Seattle, WA (Cancelle

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Just received some news from the manager Wes and unfortunately this show just got cancelled due to lack of ticket sales.

Tickets that were purchased though can be refunded at point of purchase.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

That suuuuuckssss. :(

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

That sucks. Those Seattle people have no idea what they're missing. I can't imagine having an opportunity to see Soul Asylum and not going.

Chambo, are you already in Seattle? I'm so sorry that the concert fell through. I know how much you were looking forward to it. :(
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

Oh Crickey this is not good at all, especially announcing the cancellation so close to the show date, I really feel bad for Chambo who was flying all the way there from Australia to see the show, hopefully Chambo might be in the States for a while and can fly to Chicago next week to catch them at the show there?

I was actually considering flying from England to this show myself as originally I had planned to be in Florida in Late June & so was considering starting my trip in Seattle then flying back to Florida from there, but as it worked out I bought my trip to Florida forward to last month instead.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Forget spreading the word of God, people need to spread the word of Soul Asylum. I hope when the new album finally comes out, they'll do some more self-promotion. If more people knew how great they are, this probably wouldn't have happened.

Oh well :( I feel so sorry for the people who were looking forward to this show.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

andrewttw wrote:I was actually considering flying from England to this show myself as originally I had planned to be in Florida in Late June
Apparently they are doing some European gigs this fall, but I hope they'll be able to sell some tickets and that they won't get cancelled too seeing as not many people here know them anymore after they've been ignoring Europe for a good 16 years.

And I agree with the self promoting, but they should have started that a long time ago and still riding on the Runaway Train as only familiar song for a lot of people isn't enough after almost twenty years.

Alexander Butler
Stranger

Post by Alexander Butler »

Hey Soul Asylum fans. I'm just learning to use this site, so I posted my message Disappointed in Seattle in another place. Anyway... to keep complaining and praising at the same time... I have loved this band better than almost any other since I first saw them in 1986 at Club Soda in Montreal. I loved them for their hard-drinking rebellious anger when I drank too much and kept on loving them when I got sober for their class, their chutzpah, their smarts, their wit, their variety. Their album The Silver Lining gave me great joy -- I thought they had just died out like some sad one-hit wonder, but that was wrong. Dave Pirner is one of the best songwriters in the history of rock and roll music and it baffles me endlessly why people haven't made his songs as big as those of... I don't know, name any overrated dingbat the radios love. Soul Asylum is underrated... reminds me of the line in Shut Down: "I've been pulled aside and told that I was overrated." Anyhow. Stop the boohooing here. I just wish they could get some real financehell backing and do some shows in smaller places like say the Commodore in Vancouver, smaller classy places, and get the capital so they don't have to cancel them. It kills me that I won't be able to see them for my fourth time. What they hell am I gonna do now on this rainy Saturday night in Seattle?

Alexander Butler
Stranger

Post by Alexander Butler »

Just wanted to say hello to ghettogold. I live in Vancouver too. You must be sorry like me the Seattle show was cancelled. Are you going to Naskup? :)