show in new orleans i can't find any info on...help?

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

well...i'm trying to get info for a show iin new orleans. yes i live in new orleans. to make it even more ridiculous, i live right down the street from dave. nonetheless, here i come to a fan forum for help with show info. a radio station at work has announced that they're going to be giving tickets away, tomorrow, for a soul asylum show. presumably here in new orleans. they gave no date. they gave no venue. their website locks my computer up completely and utterly so i cant even go look at it.

could someone with a real computer, and not an abacus with delusions of grandeur, which is what I have, have a look at it and see if it shows anything? or a phone number or an email? http://www.wwno.org

nothing came up on tourfilter or on pollstar. i only got the info when someone called me from work and said "this is what just came over the radio!"

if they're giving tickets away i wonder if it's some kind of event? i have no radio in my house so i cant just turn it on and listen.

if anyone wants to help me out....much much obliged.

pathorses
O'Jeezer

Post by pathorses »

Sorry, doesn't work for me either..........

well...i'm trying to get info for a show iin new orleans. yes i live in new orleans. to make it even more ridiculous, i live right down the street from dave. nonetheless, here i come to a fan forum for help with show info. a radio station at work has announced that they're going to be giving tickets away, tomorrow, for a soul asylum show. presumably here in new orleans. they gave no date. they gave no venue. their website locks my computer up completely and utterly so i cant even go look at it.

could someone with a real computer, and not an abacus with delusions of grandeur, which is what I have, have a look at it and see if it shows anything? or a phone number or an email? www.wwno.org

nothing came up on tourfilter or on pollstar. i only got the info when someone called me from work and said "this is what just came over the radio!"

if they're giving tickets away i wonder if it's some kind of event? i have no radio in my house so i cant just turn it on and listen.

if anyone wants to help me out....much much obliged.

myspace.com/scribbledaway

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

thanks for trying.

it's all very weird because the station that's supposedly doing this is a pbs/classical type station. which seems wrong.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

The site works for me. There's nothing about Soul Asylum in their event calendar, though.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

curiouser and curiouser. i've had another person call and tell me the same thing...90.5 is giving away soul asylum tickets on friday. and that's all. i guess i'll keep checking around. thanks for looking.

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Hi Sheryl, I was able to look up some contact info for you. Hope it helps.

(504) 280-7000
info@wwno.org

Also, WWNO's current schedule of events doesn't list anything specific on Soul Asylum or Dave. So, I don't know if this is something that will be added later on if Dave will perform with others in some kind of jazz fest, or what. :?: That's the only connecting link I could think of...jazz.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

there are TONS of jazz events going on too.... i've been trying to figure out what i'm going to go to :) i've never had to plan an entertainment schedule before. i love this city. anyway.... of course having either soul asylum or dave solo involved would somewhat tip the hat in that direction...but i really have no idea. of all the frustrating things, such a vague reference, and from different people....before i got the second call i was wondering if they'd heard soul rebels or soul project or some other local band with soul as the first word, but they both said soul asylum.

pathorses
O'Jeezer

Post by pathorses »

Now I CAN get into the web site but I didn't see anything either........it is curious.

When IS Jazz Fest?
Pat

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

jazz fest is two weekends...the last weekend in april and the first weekend in may. the thursday between jazzfests used to have related events and i'm told that this year it will again.

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

What did you find out, Sheryl? I'd love to see SA down in NO with you. :D