2011 Oct. 15th - HMV Forum, London, England (Canceled)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
wakeyboarder
Marionette

Re: 2011 Oct. 15th - HMV Forum, London, England

Post by wakeyboarder »

still waiting on my tickets , am proper excited booked a hotel near kings cross. Is their tubes / night buses back till fairly late after the gig fancy staying out somewhere round the forum or camden town if that is easily accesable and then heading back to the hotel later.

Which I had known about the Brussels gig that would of made for an even better trip.

Sunmaid28
Lone Rider

Post by Sunmaid28 »

So happy for their return was willing to travel abroad to see them as the first dates were posted... last time they were here it was like 1994 = my sister in law Clare saw them at Rock City in Nottingham. Totally cool - she was a teen. Now we are all grown up and my husband (who I met BECAUSE OF SOUL ASYLUM! eg do you remember the bands bb board in 1998?:) is going to see them now for the first time... (hmmm not me, I'm old timer. seen them many many many many times many many many many stories which is fun!)

I can hardly wait!!!!

X

B

wakeyboarder
Marionette

Post by wakeyboarder »

Lets hope the play sometime too return as a tribute to the ridicoulosly long time it has been since they last played the uk.

danbarry
Stranger

Post by danbarry »

Im 32, and have loved SA since i was 16 - cant wait to see them. I will be there.

It'l be weird,

A) seeing them live - i've built them up in my head for so long having never seen them live. Will they live up to my expectations?

B) Seeing other Soul Asylum fans. Only cos they've had such a low international profile over the last few years other than us super fans, who will turn up?

Will be buying tix on payday
:D :D :D :D :D

alleycattus
Marionette

Post by alleycattus »

Dan - I'm very happy for you to finally get to see them live. Based on many shows over the years, I'm guessing that:

A) You will NOT in any way be disappointed.

B) The crowd might be mixed - the die hard superfans right up front (they're always awesome, and you usually end up making new friends by the end of the night), others that aren't as rabid, but there to enjoy the music and have a great time, and then a certain segment of the crowd that comes out for the "curiosity factor". They only know a couple of songs off GDU, and once they hear them, they either leave or lose interest (usually right after Runaway Train). Just stake out a spot right up front and have a blast!!

wakeyboarder
Marionette

Post by wakeyboarder »

i have definitely built it up in my mind but by all accounts they are a better live band than record so won't be dissapointed, wish i could of seen them in the hangtime era though love looking at some of the old footage on youtube. :P

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I received following email from Wes.

“It with great regret that we have to cancel our show at HMV Forum, in London, on Saturday 15th October 2011. This is due to scheduling conflicts. We wish to extend our most heartfelt apologies to all our fans inconvenienced by this cancellation and hope to reschedule this show after the release of the next album. Refunds can be obtained at point-of-purchase.”

-----

This all the information that I know about this unfortunate event. :(
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Karlwerneth
Caged Rat

Post by Karlwerneth »

Too bad they had to cancel this, you European fans are over due for their return. The good news is, another mention of "the next album". Sometime to Return indeed.

agus81
Lone Rider

Post by agus81 »

I'm so disapointed!!! was so looking forward to this concert...
any news on the Brussels show? is it still happening??

danbarry
Stranger

Post by danbarry »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

So close, yet so far.

I was buying my ticket this week.

I'm gonna stay in bed all day......

The only silver lining was a suggestion of a new album.