2011 Oct. 9th - Denver Marathon, Denver, CO - (Canceled)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
desirae
Inmate

2011 Oct. 9th - Denver Marathon, Denver, CO - (Canceled)

Post by desirae »

I think theres a new show in Denver, hasnt been confirmed, but it looks good to me

http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/2011 ... ylum_18344

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: New Show in Denver

Post by AlyssaJones »

oh cool... I hope they schedule some more fall dates soon. (preferably within 4-5 hours driving time from where I live, haha :P )

marionette
Runaway

Post by marionette »

Yes, yes, yes please! This would so make my day, week, month year! I can arrange to be in CO an extra day I think. So much more affordable than England.

BTW I am now a new user. Locked out! Sometimes I hate this *#@%! (Uber)Computer.

Not going to be able to run the marathon, I am sure. Wish another CO date that week was possible but it looks like Dave is doing a show in MN the night before. Switch weeks?

alleycattus
Marionette

Post by alleycattus »

Looks like Denver's just been cancelled too. Something's up, since this one can't be about attendance #s.

http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2011 ... oul_as.php

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Weird. I really wish they'd define "scheduling conflicts" for us. It's just such a vague phrase it makes it seem like something else is going on here. It could be anything from being super busy finishing the new album to something in one of the guys' personal lives. I just hope nothing bad is going on. :(

whileyouwereout
O'Jeezer

Re: 2011 Oct. 9th - Denver Marathon, Denver, CO - (Canceled)

Post by whileyouwereout »

HUGE bummer. Made my month! when I heard they were playing in Denver , even changed my schedule so I would be in town. SA is the best live band EVER and I just hope to see them again...hoping to show my family what I've been gushing about all these years!

To regress for a moment: first SA show for me was @ the MN State Fair in 1988 - seen many since then and each one has been a treat. Met Dave a few times and he was always gracious & humble. Once @ the Mercury Cafe in Denver during the "Horse" tour (Andy Schneidkraut from Albums on the Hill introduced us and Dave gave me a big bear hug as a condolence after my bike accident) and then a few years later a friend & I hung out with him on their tour bus when they toured with Radiohead (who just had their gear stolen). The three of us had a great time just drinking beer & talking before others descended upon the bus.

Sure hope all is well with them...
There's men without gods and gods without men and a spirit of which none of them can transcend...

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

Yea, huge bummer. I was crazy excited for the show. Was getting babysitter and everything. Hopefully they will be back soon.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Is it just me, or has SA cancelled more shows this year than they've actually played?

Phil

alleycattus
Marionette

Post by alleycattus »

Oh Phil - you're so good at being funny and mean all at the same time. But it's a valid question. By my count - played 20, canceled 7.