Map of ETSA members – Where do you live?

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
Aller
Lone Rider

Re: Map of ETSA members – Where do you live?

Post by Aller »

Sup SA!?
Name: Aller (okay, its Euler =)
Trivia: Still not trivia related

Cheers! :mrgreen:

Sunmaid28
Lone Rider

Post by Sunmaid28 »

England :P

mosanty
Brand New Shine

Post by mosanty »

Hi All!

Am brand new member although have been lurking here for years. Huge fan - have seen them 14 times over the years. Dave was actually my inspiration to start writing & playing and have been doing the band thing on & off the road since my first show @ Mansfield, Ma. in 1995 !

Name: Matthew O. Santy
User Name: mosanty
Current Residence: Westfield, Ma
Current Act: "Beyond Repair"
Instruments: Bass, Acoustic Guitars, Vocals

Best Show attended: Garden State Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ 9.4.1995
Favorite Track: "Promises Broken" (LYDLS)
Favorite Album: "After The Flood - Live @ Grand Forks"

Dave4Prez
Caged Rat

Post by Dave4Prez »

Name Ronni
Location Phoenix, AZ
Some SA related trivia about yourself: I've been a fan since 1990. I've traveled to California, Tennessee, Illinois and Nevada to see Soul Asylum in the last 4 years. They came to Tucson, AZ back in October 2006 which started the frenzy again! Prior to this, I saw them about 4 times here in Phoenix, back when they were widely known for Runaway Train.
The picture is from Nashville. Wasn't too happy with how they cattle called us into a room and we weren't allowed to take our own photos. And in Chicago back in April, Kim King (the tour manager?) scolded me for taking too many photos/videos of the band which actually upset me to the point of crying. It was hurtful to be accused of exploiting the band when in reality, I was just sending them to fellow SA fans who couldn't make the trip. Oh well. Lesson learned. I still worship Dave and Dan. Michael and Tommy are growing on me:)
Attachments
Soul Asylum - Ronni and Dave.jpg

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

fahmed wrote:I am quite new to this forum and found interesting topics about soul asylum, though this is board is not active so :(
there's quite a few of us who still check the board semi-regularly, it's just that with no real news of the band, it's been extremely quiet. Hearing band members say "the new album will be released in 6 months" only excites people for so many years before you stop believing them. More importantly, the lack of shows means there's little new to say. I'm sure if you have any questions, or topics you want to discuss on the band, many of us would (eventually) join in.

Phil

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

I wouldn't call it "not active"; lately I've described it as "quiet".

The other day on the band's facebook they posted "Happy New Record Year!" so... maybe this is the year? who knows :P

vanessakurt
Lone Rider

Post by vanessakurt »

wouhou my first post!
I'm 19 years old and I reside in Saint-Hubert, qc, Canada! :)

I discovered this band a year ago and I'm pleased that I have come across them !! I'd wish I had known them before!!!
Well it's never too late ! hahaha :)

Sorry for my grammar!!

Favorite Track: Just like anyone

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

Man, how come no one in Africa or Russia Like Soul Asylum? Whats up with that? LOL

I Love Dim Light
Inmate

Post by I Love Dim Light »

triumph3434 wrote:Man, how come no one in Africa or Russia Like Soul Asylum? Whats up with that? LOL

I don't know about Africa but in Russia they weren't promoted much. I can count on fingers how many times i heard Soul Asylum played by Russian radio stations (in the '90s).

In 1996 i heard two songs: Without a Trace one time and Promises Broken one time. In '95 one Russian station was broadcasting Rick Dees top 40 when Misery was there, but it was without translation. And between 1995 and 2001 i heard Runaway Train maybe ten times, no more. And Russian djs were always bastardizing the band's name, they were calling it 'Soul Aseelum' or 'Soul Azeelum', one said once: "the band with such a warm name, Dushevniy Priyut".

I'm sure that Russians would've loved Soul Asylum if they had a chance.

TANEYTOWN
Marionette

Post by TANEYTOWN »

Dallas Tx