2012 April 29th - Jazz Fest 2012, New Orleans, LA (Dave)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
better late
Social Butterfly

2012 April 29th - Jazz Fest 2012, New Orleans, LA (Dave)

Post by better late »

Posted earlier today and might have broken something... it went something like this:

The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival released list of performers for upcoming fest. Although they have not yet released exact days and times, this is what was in the local paper, The Times-Picayune, today:

"First Weekend - Friday-Sunday, April 27-29, 2012"

"Alex Chilton, the former Box Tops and Big Star frontman who lived quiety in the Treme neighborhood until his sudden death in 2010, is the subject of a tribute featuring Soul Asylum frontman Dave Pirner, Susan Cowsill, Alex McMurray and Iguanas bassist Rene Coman, a long-time Chilton sideman."

Hopefully, unlike the tribute at the Best of the Beat Awards earlier this year, Dave will be on stage for more than a couple of songs.

And then, of course, there is always the possibility of Chaz Fest, which is usually the Wednesday after the first weekend of Jazz Fest, and SA played there in 2006 or 2007, and maybe...oh, now, "Don't Get My Hopes Up"...

better late
Social Butterfly

Re: Dave at N.O. Jazz Fest 2012

Post by better late »

This is one of the most unresponsive boards.

Over 30 views and no one can say, "Thanks for sharing", "I don't care what Dave does", not even a "Go screw yourself."

Now I remember why I had not posted here in so long.

levybaxter
Runaway

Post by levybaxter »

Hip hip hooray! Finally a show, a Dave show.!! Would love to see the entire band or perhaps a Dave/Dan show, but hey, whatever. I am always glad when shows are posted, even when I may not be able to make them. The whole Jazz fest sounds like it is worth attending. Anyone know if it could be more hassle than it is worth? I am always a little hesitant to to post. I am a lurker in space and an introvert on ground. Your posts, however, are appreciated and do not go unnoticed. Thanks

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

better late wrote:This is one of the most unresponsive boards.

Over 30 views and no one can say, "Thanks for sharing", "I don't care what Dave does", not even a "Go screw yourself."

Now I remember why I had not posted here in so long.
Go screw yourself... I really don't care what Dave does if it doesn't have to do with SA, but yeah ok... thanks for sharing, I guess.

Better?

Maybe SA fans are the quiet types... also... it's not like you're asking for an opinion or started a discussion, which is what a forum is about.

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

Levybaxter, thanks for your nice comments. Jazz Fest is both a hassle and can be quite pricey as its grown into a monster, but one many would argue is well worth it. Go to: nola.com (or the jazz fest site itself) for a full list of all the artists playing over the 2 - 3 day weekends.

Closer - sounded like that was the hardest thanks you've ever said, so sorry. I guess I'll have to look up the definition of forum - I thought it was about sharing information and feedback was just a common courtesy. I was pretty sure that I would get negative feedback - funny how you can always count on that - from my post. Oh well, just had to say it. I've found it to be true not just for my rare post but for many others. Sorry you took such, apparently, personal offense.

Peace.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

glad to see a show posted... Hopefully they'll all be playing mostly alex solo songs, as the big star catalog has been tributed to death (although a few big star songs are needed I suppose). I might have to see what I'm up to that weekend, I have been needing an excuse to get back down to new orleans, but not sure I want to deal with the jazz fest crowds, so probably a no.

As for the arguing on here... kids, calm down, some of us are just busy. This forum is filled with lurkers, especially lately when there hasn't been much to say. I know I've been pretty busy lately, and not posting (or checking the board) very often. I think we all need to calm down a little.

It's exciting to see something pop up, but for the most part, my attention has been drawn elsewhere. Lately I've been on a two cow garage kick that won't let down, so I suppose there's that.

Phil

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

better late wrote: Sorry you took such, apparently, personal offense.
Sarcasm doesn't translate well through the internet, so I guess that's my bad... I was really just kidding because I thought your reaction at the lack of response was amusing.
philipgar wrote: I think we all need to calm down a little.
Haha... hm... right

desirae
Inmate

Post by desirae »

I was excited to see the post, even though i cant go, but its nice to know Dave's alive ---- kidding :lol: I really wish i could go to New Orleans i love it there

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Thanks for sharing. I have been busy with work and with getting over a cold, so at night I just skim the board.

Hopefully if there are more shows, board chatter will increase. :)

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

I have gone and screwed myself and I feel fine. :D

No offense taken, hope no offense given. I am glad you found the post amusing, Closer, that's what I was trying for. Sorry if I took your sarcasm the wrong way, my bad.

As far as at least we know Dave is alive, exactly my thoughts when I saw the paper yesterday. Lately, I've been thinking maybe I should be checking that paper's obituaries. (Just a joke, okay, maybe not... :lol: )

I'll let y'all know if I hear anything more, whether you want to hear it or not. :mrgreen: