On a mission

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
raining
Runaway

On a mission

Post by raining »

Hey all ETSA, I need to vent!!!!!!! 2 weeks ago I was told I have breast cancer. I am 39yrs and have a 13yr daughter. The next 6 months for me are going to be the toughest in my life but I am God damn sure I will WIN. My mission besides kicking this thing in the butt is to see SA play live 1 more time......I don't care if I have to travel to the other side of the world or even meet them half way, I will be there. Now for all of your help....Is there any word or gossip on the grape vine that they will be playing anywhere remotely close to Australia next year?????

I Love Dim Light
Inmate

Re: On a mission

Post by I Love Dim Light »

SOUL ASYLUM!!! GET UP OFF YOUR ASSES AND COME TO AUSTRALIA!!! AND PLAY THAT SHOW FOR RAINING, SHE"S A WONDERFUL CREATURE!!!

and she's not the only one Australian who's been waiting for you for years

marionette
Runaway

Post by marionette »

You will WIN. And if I could I would... fly you to show. Here is to 2012. A new year.

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

So sorry to hear your bad news. You have a great attitude and your 13 year old will give you more strength than you ever thought you had.

All my best to you and I hope you get that show real soon!

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I've recovered the latest two posts to this thread from the Google cache because I didn't want them to disappear because of a stupid mistake on my part:
raining wrote:Hey Guys/Girls, I came out of surgery last week, a bit boobless, but hey what the hell Im still here!!!!!!!!
Is there any word on what SA will be doing/going next year, I start chemo in 3 weeks (Merry Xmas to me) for prob the next 6 months and really need a goal to look for to outside of all the cancer crap!!!!!
Please please could someone hunt them down and get an answer, than you so much!!!!
Take care.
marionette wrote:Raining,

Happy to hear surgery is behind you now. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

FIGHT!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

raining
Runaway

Post by raining »

Hey everyone, Just thought I would give an update, the cancer had spread to my Lymph Nodes, which were removed, and now across to the otherside ON my lungs, chemo had been pushed backed due to a drain that needs to be inserted..... but hey im still here and still rockin' to SA music, there is NO WAY i will let this beat me. Hope ALL of you have a fantastic time celebrating NYE and an even better 2012.
Love to all, and be safe

Raining (aka Lynn)

CULater
Caged Rat

Post by CULater »

Here's hoping your new year brings about happiness and healing! Good luck with everything and keep it up with that great spirit!
"I've learned to accept and not to expect - the respect and neglect that I get. And I try not to forget about what hasn't happened yet.....""

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

Raining, thanks for the update. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wishes you all the best in 2012. Keep your chin up and fight, fight, fight! Your attitude goes a long, long way!

Take care!

marionette
Runaway

Post by marionette »

Sucks. Keep fighting!

Know that we are thinking of you. Thought I saw (Twaught I Swwah) Someing about a show in March. Hope you have free tickets.

I thinke 2012 is going to be a very good year!

Meg

I Love Dim Light
Inmate

Post by I Love Dim Light »

I wrote to Dan Murphy via his grapefruitmoon gallery and this is what he says:

Thanks for writing Nicole

The thread is very moving and I hope Raining's cancer was diagnosed in the early stages, containable and that a full speedy recovery is in the immediate future, which sounds like the facts posted in the thread. Take comfort in friends and family and rely on those that have relied on you in the past. Australia is a wonderful country we have visited many times and if anyone can find the video of Promises Broken on line - it was filmed near Ayers rock and at a live club show in Sydney Australia, Nic Dalton the Australian bassist for The Lemonheads at the time makes a cameo in the clip. Our mission so to speak and as inconsequential as it is in comparison to the topic here is to finish mixing and sequencing and preparing for the June 2012 release of our new studio album. Sadly that makes travel a distraction and our focus is on delivering the mixes and designing the artwork and sequencing the music for the upcoming release date that looms soon. Miss you all & see you in the Summer / Fall of 2011- 2012

Thirty years it says on the site ~~ thanks for the memories and your generous continued kindness to all -- much more to come in 2012.

Daniel D. Murphy