New Album "Delayed Reaction" out July 17th, 2012

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
spodiba
Social Butterfly

Re: New Album "Delayed Reaction" out July 17th, 2012

Post by spodiba »

I agree with you, I also think this is their last album. Not even a real album, with all the new songs. It reminds me of Time's Incinerator, some say it is, some that is not an album, but a compilation of sorts. Same here. It has lots of old songs, a couple of new ones, just so that we can label it an album. I don't know. But honestly, I'm not upset about it. OK, let them do their thing, and we, the fans, will take what we like and leave the rest alone. Meaning, I'll keep listening to their older stuff, just like I did before. Because, I don't really like TSL (their newer songs) and only listen to their older stuff and I'll keep on listening them, regardless of how many new or old songs there are on this album.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

I also agree... I think they will always be my favourite band, but that's also exactly the reason why I got disappointed in the first place... I always say that since 2000 it's not easy to be a fan of this band with the lack of proper touring and lack of albums, but of course it's definitely not been easy for them... and the fact that they kept it going till 2012 is nothing short of amazing... there were just too many reasons, with all the delays, etc, to be expecting a little more than this... I've been waiting for a SA fix for too many years, and I don't know if those few real new songs will do that while I was expecting a full new album, but fuck it... I'll take it for what it is.

Karlwerneth
Caged Rat

Post by Karlwerneth »

A Delayed Reaction this is. As long as Dave continues of write, record and release music I can wait several years between albums. Whether it's as Soul Asylum, solo or something new. I can't wait to hear it. I'm learning to undrstand that it doesn't matter when a song was written as long as works in the context of what else is going on an album. Maybe Dave will stumble upon some gems from the mid 80's and re-work them. Who knows if they have another album Of new stuff ready to go "not the covers one" that may come out sooner than later. A suggested title ... "Hurry Up And Wait". Haha! Just here to have fun. " Best day ever just got better..."

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Karlwerneth wrote: As long as Dave continues of write, record and release music I can wait several years between albums. Whether it's as Soul Asylum, solo or something new. I can't wait to hear it.
You can or can't wait? Make up your mind! No... I'm kidding :)

I don't care either about when a song was written... if it's good it's good. But it's a shame if I've already heard it a thousand times, even if it's re-worked a little. I already know that Let's All Kill Each Other is gonna be the skip song on the album.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

la la la - not listening to all this 'last album' nonsense! la la la

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

I dont see this as a last album.since there putting out a punk covers cd.i think its the start of more music. since they have a new label who didnt seem to push them i think that helps.Dave has too many songs left to sing and SA name brings more than his name ever could.and he seems to like his bandmates.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Yeah, I can see another album happening in the future, especially since this one isn't much to go out on. I'm sure they're not even thinking about the next one yet and it'll be quite some time before we see it, but yeah, I think it could definitely happen.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

I can see it too, it's not like I know anything, but there was already talk about the Silver Lining being the last one... but oh well, I'm just not getting my hopes up anymore and then everything extra will probably be good.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I don't know what made me look at it again since I've seen it a million times already, but I noticed the date in the Cabooze poster with the guys on the bike (the one in the upper left of the header) is 7/17, the same day as the album release (though 7/17 is a Tuesday this year, not a Friday).

Just thought it was somewhat of a cool coincidence worth sharing. :)
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Hahaha, that is cool. Coincidence though? I think not!

Nah, just kidding. Good catch, James.