New Album "Delayed Reaction" out July 17th, 2012

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
NJ Misery
Inmate

Re: New Album "Delayed Reaction" out July 17th, 2012

Post by NJ Misery »

I love the album cover. 8-)

kramerbob8884
Lone Rider

Post by kramerbob8884 »

I welcome the new album. I have heard 'gravity' and 'into the light' live, and I have heard 'by the way', 'cruel intentions', 'i shoulda stayed in bed' and 'let's all kill each other' on youtube. The other 4 songs, I have never heard, except for the 30 second preview of each song on this site. I have to say that "The Juice' and 'Pipe Dream' sound really really good and I love 'gravity' and 'into the light' whether I've heard them before or not. 'By the way' and 'I shoulda stayed in bed' are long overdue for an album anyway. I can see where 'lets all kill each other' and 'cruel intentions' may not be album worthy, but I am happy to have any new Soul Asylum. Maybe hidden tracks of 'Freak Accident' and 'Directions are on there? (old, but good) Bottom Line. These guys rock. They always have. They are the hardest working band that I have ever seen. Thank You Soul Asylum for getting me through some tough times. Your music and lyrics are like gold to me. And Thank You for putting out some 'new' music.

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

kramerbob8884 wrote:I welcome the new album. I have heard 'gravity' and 'into the light' live, and I have heard 'by the way', 'cruel intentions', 'i shoulda stayed in bed' and 'let's all kill each other' on youtube. The other 4 songs, I have never heard, except for the 30 second preview of each song on this site. I have to say that "The Juice' and 'Pipe Dream' sound really really good and I love 'gravity' and 'into the light' whether I've heard them before or not. 'By the way' and 'I shoulda stayed in bed' are long overdue for an album anyway. I can see where 'lets all kill each other' and 'cruel intentions' may not be album worthy, but I am happy to have any new Soul Asylum. Maybe hidden tracks of 'Freak Accident' and 'Directions are on there? (old, but good) Bottom Line. These guys rock. They always have. They are the hardest working band that I have ever seen. Thank You Soul Asylum for getting me through some tough times. Your music and lyrics are like gold to me. And Thank You for putting out some 'new' music.
i see this is your first post welcome.your love of SA is evident.im looking forward to this new music too.

OnlyRevolutions
Brand New Shine

Post by OnlyRevolutions »

Well, it's not my favorite album cover of all time, but it's not bad either. I'm really looking forward to hearing it. I'm hoping to be able to go to the show at the Bowery Ballroom in July, but I never know what money would be like. It'd be really cool to get the guys' autographs. I've been a fan of SA for a while now, but I haven't been as in-depth as most users here, so these songs are all new to me.

The album is definitely something to look forward to, though.

andrewttw
Inmate

Post by andrewttw »

I can’t get the 30sec samples of The Juice & Take Manhattan out of my head, I want more! Picked up some Tropicana Orange juice today at the supermarket & immediately The Juice came back into my head!

Karlwerneth
Caged Rat

Post by Karlwerneth »

You may find yourself booking a trip to New York next, but hopefully not doing the killing each other thing :lol: I still haven't listened to the "teaser tracks". I was close a couple of times. Just under 3 months to go... I can wait.

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

Just saw a nice little ad that starts with Dave riding a bike, not on a beach but into a backyard...

http://www.429records.com/sites/429reco ... asylum.asp

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

better late wrote:Just saw a nice little ad that starts with Dave riding a bike, not on a beach but into a backyard...

http://www.429records.com/sites/429reco ... asylum.asp

Gravity sounds awesome; can't wait 'til later today (maybe that's what they play). So far about a minute and 15 seconds of it (if you include the 30 second clip on the front page) has been released. :P

Wonder if he got a haircut for the video; its definitely combed. I thought for a minute he was sporting the 429 Records logo on his shirt (looks very close to it though); but looks to be a new shirt to me.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Judgmental Patient
Social Butterfly

Post by Judgmental Patient »

Reading Dave's interviews, I'm changing my tune. He says the old songs were used because their sound made sense to make the album cohesive. If Dave says they were focused on making a record that sounds like a Soul Asylum record, that's good enough for me. Still think the album cover is awful, but that's kind of a Soul Asylum staple, isn't it?
What happened son, you could have been someone
You could have been much more