2012 May 19th - Concert at The Cove, Cape Canaveral, FL

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
lucy
Social Butterfly

Re: 2012 May 19th - Concert at The Cove, Cape Canaveral, FL

Post by lucy »

Wow, such negativity. It's hard to believe that this is some peoples' favorite band with the comments I keep seeing. Between the sound check and the show, I heard By the Way three times that night. It was incredible. Loved it and I'd never seen it live before. I love what they have done with it and it made me relisten to the original demo yesterday for the first time in a long time. The audience seemed to love it as well. A couple who I see at lots and lots of SA shows were beside themselves to able to see them play it live - it was their wedding song! Sorry, but you're not going to melt my snowflakes :) I'm still glowy. I was amazing.

lucy
Social Butterfly

Post by lucy »

I'm still glowy and IT was amazing I mean :)

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

Thanks for the word, Lucy...sounded great.

And, thanks for the videos, Alyssa.

BTW, I think I may have listened to "BTW" three times on my way to work. :lol:

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

I agree -- the show was awesome! And I've caught a lot of sound checks, but that one was truly special -- a cross between a sound check and a rehearsal. They did "By the Way" twice, as Lucy menitoned; they also did "Take Manhattan" twice and discussed which one was ready for the set. It was especially exciting for me to hear them rehearse and play "The Streets," since that one is so tough and has been so sporadic for them. Everyone always uses the same words when describing it -- i.e, "It's a mouthful." During sound check, Dave said, "Let's see if I can do it without the lyrics." And he did! So they put it in the set and it sounded great!

I had hoped that Dave might use the cat walk that was still in place from the bikini contest, but he said he would need a cordless guitar to do so. He used it to take a bow following the show, though. :)

Great energy from everyone. There was a little kid in front of me, and Dave played to him, of course, and he was just over the moon. He was a real fan -- knew the words to most of the songs.

After the show, Dave was his gracious and charming self. One girl told me she was totally star struck, and she couldn't believe that (1) Dave was spending so much time talking to fans and (2) that he offered to get water for her very-intoxicated friend -- which he did. He's a class act all the way.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Did Dave walk like a model on the catwalk? :D

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

mystic_spiral_3 wrote:Did Dave walk like a model on the catwalk? :D
His sashay needs a little work, which is surprising considering his prowess as a hip wiggler. ;)
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

lucy
Social Butterfly

Post by lucy »

Sashay skills or not, he was looking pretty good in that bikini, just sayin.