Charlotte radio station acoustic thing (from June 8th)

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Charlotte radio station acoustic thing (from June 8th)

Post by AlyssaJones »

I came across this when I checked their page on 429 Records to see if there was anything new.

http://www.1065.com/pages/endsessions.h ... e=10187503

About the Juice...I'm glad Dave loves his kid and everything, but that song is giving me diabetes.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Re: Charlotte radio station acoustic thing (from June 8th)

Post by Closer »

Ya, that won't be the strongest one on the album... kinda like Good For You on the Silver Lining.

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

when you have kids it becomes the most important thing in your life.i guess thats true even for a old rock star.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

My thoughts on "The Juice" are divided between "gee, I guess that's about his kid and that's kinda sweet" to "this seems a bit out of character for the band."

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

I don't mind songs that seem out of character... they've always had many different songs, which is what I like about them... this song just doesn't stand out much in my opinion, doesn't matter what it's about.

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

I don't know..."roll over", "staring at the ceiling"...who knows what it's really all about...

I'm still obsessing over the title. :o

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

better late wrote:I don't know..."roll over", "staring at the ceiling"...who knows what it's really all about...

I'm still obsessing over the title. :o
i know at first i thought it was like the lemon song by zep [squeeze the lemon :x till the juice runs down my leg :P ] but dave always takes things in another direction.

LuckyLittleGirl
Runaway

Post by LuckyLittleGirl »

I can't help but think the title is somehow related to an interview in Rolling Stone where the interviewer (Neil Strauss) explains his ability to get Dave into a Fugazi show in DC by saying "I've got the juice." Dave wouldn't stop busting his balls about the phrase and was getting a real kick out of it.

Google "Dave Pirner i've got the juice" and read the exchange between the two about "the juice" in the google book preview of the interviewer's book.
so funny.

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

LuckyLittleGirl wrote:I can't help but think the title is somehow related to an interview in Rolling Stone where the interviewer (Neil Strauss) explains his ability to get Dave into a Fugazi show in DC by saying "I've got the juice." Dave wouldn't stop busting his balls about the phrase and was getting a real kick out of it.

Google "Dave Pirner i've got the juice" and read the exchange between the two about "the juice" in the google book preview of the interviewer's book.
so funny.
thats so funny i would never saw that i think he did get that phrase from that interview.

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

Yes, that was hilarious. :lol: