Delayed Reaction (Best Buy Exclusive)

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Delayed Reaction (Best Buy Exclusive)

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I was just thinking about these bonus tracks and wondered what the Marley song actually sounded like... (well like Marley of course). :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uKnkjtaZJU

It's definitely not one of those punk covers (same as the Daughtry one). Though they do like to occasionally play a song like this in concert, anybody see the guys wanting to put these on an album?

-----
Hmmm, I just remembered but I don't know if you want to count it due to the album it's on, but we did get Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing" on the No Alternative compilation which they have played in concert.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

I just saw if you pre-order the Best Buy Exclusive version right now you can get it for $9.99+tax (along with free shipping). :)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Delayed-Rea ... Id=5795067

(It seems though the list price went up to $15.98, it was actually cheaper than the regular version.)

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

I went to Best Buy and ordered it in the store yesterday for $13.99.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

Order Summary
Delayed Reaction [Best Buy Exclusive] - CD
Soul Asylum

Standard Shipping: $0.00
Estimated Arrival: 07/17-07/24/2012

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

10$ and with extra stuff? that's a no-brainer in my mind
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

yup i spent $10 :) only down side is if it doesn't come for a week after release. but i can manage the extended suspense...

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

Wasn't Candy from a stranger Released as a Best Buy Bones Exclusive with the 4 Palais Royal Tracks as Extras? I have the Disc, But I cant remember if it was Best buy or not. I think it was.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

triumph3434 wrote:Wasn't Candy from a stranger Released as a Best Buy Bones Exclusive with the 4 Palais Royal Tracks as Extras? I have the Disc, But I cant remember if it was Best buy or not. I think it was.
Although I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it was a Best Buy exclusive or available there at all (otherwise I know I would have bought it there) because I had to order it off of eBay. But if I had to take a guess I don't think was available (in retail stores) in the U.S. at all.

I just checked my Palais Royale case and on the back it says that it was manufactured in Australia (and has an .au url on it). The sticker on the plastic wrap (yes, I saved it...for times like these :P ) says "STRICTLY LIMITED EDITION Bonus 5-track disc "Live At The Palais Royale". The sticker doesn't say nothing being "Best Buy" or showing their logo (usually Best Buy would definitely promote their name on the sticker).

(There were actually 5 bonus tracks.)

alleycattus
Marionette

Post by alleycattus »

Ahh, the joys of living in Canada. Just went to Best Buy and found out that I have to order from the Canadian site, which is selling the disc for 16.99, with NO bonus tracks. The same thing happened with TSL, but back then I was 15 minutes away from the border, so I just drove down and got the bonus disc in the States. No such luck now that I'm living farther away.

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

Thats right, Now I remember it was The Silver Lining that had the best buy bonus. I have no idea where the CFAS Bonus Disc came from. No one seems to say on the net. They are on ebay and amazon but no mention of where they came from....