2012 July 20th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Re: 2012 July 20th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Post by Asylunt »

FYI, last night the Band requested no cameras. Some people checked them at the door, others ran them back to their car. If you just have your camera in your pocket and don't use flash, you could probably get away with it, as several of us had our phones out, and I saw a few flashes go off. Not sure if that's the policy tonight, but I'm sure you can snap a photo or two, just be respectful.
Would you look into my eyes if I were to go blind?

praukar
Runaway

Post by praukar »

great show! they opened with your generation cover, and from what I recall they played every delayed reaction track except bed, kill and cruel

they played some good old stuff as well:

little to clean, marionette, closer to the stars, when I ran off and left her, I did my best, stand up and be strong, just like anyone, trace, RT, shove, black gold, as well as 4 songs I did not recognize (2 of which were in the encore).....can anyone fill in the blanks? curious what the other songs were

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Post by Asylunt »

Black Gold. I also got By The Way. Will try to get HD version up as well as by the way. Hoping I'm not upsetfing anyone by posting this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-vevyGv ... ata_player
Would you look into my eyes if I were to go blind?

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Asylunt wrote:FYI, last night the Band requested no cameras. Some people checked them at the door, others ran them back to their car.
I asked Kim about that (she's their road manager or something, idk her official title) and she said that it was supposed to be no cameras for the first 3 songs, but after that they were okay. That made me kinda mad because the people at the door made me check my camera for no reason. Must've been some kinda miscommunication, idk. At least I got some good shots at the Mainroom.

Flipstain
Stranger

Post by Flipstain »

Love Will Tear Us Apart is a Joy Division cover, I didn't recognize two of the songs in the encore though.

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

So, how was this show all in all? Twitter was all a-flitter about guitar and light problems. You can't trust what those guys say so how was it really? Thanks.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

I didn't notice any light problems. Dave was having guitar issues, but it didn't seem to affect the sound too much. He did a few of the last songs without his guitar and that just made them even more fun to see him dancing around on stage. Especially Stand Up and Be Strong...it was so great. I told him that I knew he was probably pretty mad about his stuff not working, but that was the best perfomance of Stand Up and Be Strong they'd ever done, and I meant it. So yeah, there were a few issues, but the show was still amazing.

rockinbrian
Inmate

Post by rockinbrian »

I had a great time at the show and Dave getting heated (more than usual) only made it more memorable. Especially when he turned around and kicked his guitar off its stand. (Did anyone record this?) Only then, his roadies realized he was done playing guitar for the night.

Personally I thought the band sounded great. I could really hear Danny's guitar and thought he was on fire. Maybe he came through in the mix more, due to Dave's guitar problems. Overall I thought the sound was great.

The only negative for me would be no Misery. This is one of my favorite concert songs.

And to top it off got to hang with Winston Roye who just happened to come to the Local (bar on Nicollet Mall) after the show. Got to chat and have a couple of drinks with him till bar close. Good Times! Thanks Winston!

Winston Roye by rockinbrian19, on Flickr

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Brought my 9-year-old son to the show, and was told by the ticket taker that he was one of the youngest people he's ever let in! We got our pic taken by Tony Nelson, so we'll see if we end up in this week's City Pages! Fun show, but we left early to get our kiddo to bed. Not to mention we grownups were a wee bit tired from the Entry show!
Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.