Delayed Reaction Forum User Reviews

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
better late
Social Butterfly

Re: Delayed Reaction Forum User Reviews

Post by better late »

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but some of the "reviews" here were brutal. It was kind of inevitable that someone, since this is a "fan" site, would come to the defense of the band.

At this point, I'm thinking even the "worst" Soul Asylum song is better than most of the "best" of other artists' songs. Listening to the new record, in all its diversity, makes me happy. The only song I sometimes skip over is that "Good Morning" cover - no better or worse than many other covers of that song - except this one has more snap, crackle and pop than a bowl of Rice Krispies.

Peace.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

You think so? Hmmm... you should read other band's forums. Then you'll see how brutal some fans can be, no matter how much they love the band. I think this forum is very polite. And in this thread too, so I'm not sure what you've been reading. Most reviews have been very positive, but the users that had criticism did that in a respectful way.

LuckyLittleGirl
Runaway

Post by LuckyLittleGirl »

just skimmed them all and, ya...the people who said the album was a big let down did so very "respectfully" lol. i'm glad you said something, better late...

they are every bit as good as they once was :P

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Yep, I'm glad you agree... "laughing out loud" as well

foureyedsometimes
Runaway

Post by foureyedsometimes »

verybody is entitled the their own opinion, no doubt, but I'm really surprised at the criticism levelled against this LP, thisis such a good cohesive record. Sounds like it was recorded with the intention of making an LP, and not just dashing into a studio when time allowed ala Silver Lining (yes, I understand the reasons for that), it works well as an album and the individual tracks are very strong. There's not a song on it that I don't like, or skip on each play.

So much better than anything they've put out in the last 20 years....even Horse had a weak song.....
Superb, just superb. Now get to England and play it, in its entirety
Can't put a square peg in a hole that's round.....

PAULY
Caged Rat

Post by PAULY »

did anyone get the edited version of delayed reaction??? if so just wondering what words they replaced for the '' bad words'' on the streets and take manhattan??