Welcome Justin & Winston

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
zany
Social Butterfly

Welcome Justin & Winston

Post by zany »

reposted from facebook .. discuss!
"Helloooooo everyone...we wanted to take a second to introduce you to a couple new faces you have or are about to see onstage. We couldn't be more excited about having Winston Roye and Justin Sharbono on bass and guitar respectively. Please help us welcome them to the Soul Asylum family!"

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

zany
Social Butterfly

Winston

Post by zany »

another copied from facebook:

"here's a little note from Winston...I'm sure if you have some questions he would be happy to answer them:

I was born in New York City and started off playing the piano and drums before moving over to the bass in my last year of high school. The road to joining Soul Asylum started when I opened for them at a festival in Wisconsin. Michael Bland remembered that moment, and called me a few years lat
er and asked if I'd be interested in playing some shows in the place of Tommy. I told him that I'd love too.
I'm excited about what the future holds for the band. For over 30 years the band has had many amazing moments, both high and low, and I'm looking forward to many more. There are still some exciting new songs that have yet to be written and played."

zany
Social Butterfly

Justin

Post by zany »

copied from facebook:

"and one from Justin...

Having been born and raised in the Minneapolis area, Soul Asylum has been a significant part of my musical journey. Black Gold was the first song I learned to play on guitar, the beginning of so many more to come. Dan Murphy, my mom's cousin, made the pull of music all that much stronger for me. With the vast music community in Minneapolis, I was notified of the opening t
o play with SA . . . and here I am.

I am grateful for the experiences I have had over the years to collaborate with many amazing musicians, recording, producing and touring the world. This opportunity to create music with Dave, Michael, and Winston has brought things full circle and I look forward to all that is in store with these guys."

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Re: welcome Justin & Winston

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

I love how all these people ripping Justin and look he's Dan's cousin.i know some people still wont care but i like the guy.i really think this means SA will be around for many years with this group of guys.
Last edited by EL DANGEROSO on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msanto2
Stranger

Post by msanto2 »

New blood, fresh air. Feels like SA can go on forever now.
Saw the in Orlando october 25th and the new guys are amazing.

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

I've thought it and said it before....look around at how many other bands only feature '1-2 original members' and yet are still out there doing their thing...and people are still showing up.

I hope to catch the NYE show in Rosemont. I'd buy the tickets tomorrow if I knew they'd play 'See You Later' somewhere in the set.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

This new line up sucks. Nothing personal. I like Winston and Justin seems cool, but come on... I'm not gonna get used to this. I'm trying to like them, but no. It's like this one time when I was at my friend's house and his mom made blueberry pancakes, and I HATE blueberry pancakes, but I was trying to eat them and be like, "oh, these are good!" But they're not good. THEY SUCK. Cooked blueberries taste awful and so does Dan's absence.

I really hope Dave doesn't read this, because I know it would probably hurt his feelings, but I think it's time he either goes solo or finds a new job. On one hand I'm happy he's keeping the band going, but on the other, I just think it's depressing and pointless.

This whole thing just sucks and I wish things could go back to the way they used to be. Maybe I'll feel differently after the NYE show, but right now I can't see any good in this except for the fact that Dan's happy.

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

"If I could turn back time..." - but you can't.

Saturday night they sounded great. You can't control the turns life makes and you can't make Dan come back. All you can do is be happy for what is now or be miserable about what you can't control.

I'm very happy that the band is going on - welcome Winston and Justin.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

I met Winston in the autograph line after a show this summer, and he seemed pretty cool and down to earth, and excited to be part of the SA gig. I thought he had good stage presence too. I never had anything against Justin, I don't know why people would for anything he did except to be upset because he isn't Dan. But it's cool to see his is related to Dan and presumably has Dan's stamp of approval. And Michael looks so badass in that photo.

I'm looking forward to seeing this lineup and some new setlists.

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

Winston and Justin wellcome on board! I am looking forward to hearing from all of you guys new great rock songs! My best wishes to all!!!