Poll: New CD with punk covers or with totally new songs?

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
lampros
Caged Rat

Poll: New CD with punk covers or with totally new songs?

Post by lampros »

I just read on Winston's website his ''news''.
It is obvious that SA are working on a new CD. I wonder myself if this new CD will include totally new songs or it will be a CD with punk covers (as I have read an article on http://www.rollingstone.com). I think this is a good question for a new poll!!!
I think I will vote for totally new songs!!!
What would you vote?

philgar
O'Jeezer

Re: POLL: NEW CD WITH PUNK COVERS OR WITH TOTALLY NEW SONGS?

Post by philgar »

I doubt the punk rock covers album will see the light of day, aside from what's been released already (the bonus songs on delayed reaction, and the suicide commandos song they released). I want to say that the ideas behind the punk rock covers was more of dan's idea, and the recordings likely would have been done with him. Any new album would likely want to push the new lineup.

Phil

PAULY
Caged Rat

Post by PAULY »

im going both!!! i read an article where Dave said they already had 10 or more songs already recorded of punk rock covers for the album which i really hope they release wuld be supercool to hear them going oldschool!!....and for a new studio album of soul asylum 2013 cant waits!!!!

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Post by Asylunt »

A couple weeks back Soul Asylum was featured all week long on 89.3 The Current's "Cover to Cover" thing they do each day. A lot of the covers were one's we knew, but the played a couple new ones. It was discussed that they were not sure what to do with them but that they would likely be available some day. Not sure if that would be a download or disc. But it was discussed.
Would you look into my eyes if I were to go blind?

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

How about a new cd with "Freak Accident" and "Directions?" Yeah, they're about 10 years old, but I always wanted those on an official cd. :)

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

How about an album with actual new songs instead of old demos and outtakes like on the last one? As much as I love Directions and Freak Accident, I already have them and I don't need a pimped up version of them.

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

I want a cd of new songs.i think Dave feels he has something to prove with Dan gone and two new members.he will put everything into it. and thats great for us fans.

Karlwerneth
Caged Rat

Post by Karlwerneth »

More new songs would be great. Maybe that was part of the reason for Dan leaving- not wanting to record another album so soon which would result in even more shows. The cover songs could be online only, I don't need a physical copy of that. But a new original album (with better packaging) I would buy tomorrow. I will check out whatever Dave does with whoever no matter what it's called as long as it's "Dave quality".

mrsromek
Inmate

Re: Poll: New CD with punk covers or with totally new songs?

Post by mrsromek »

New songs, and that's again genius on Dave's part to get this incarnation of the band in the studio and lay down some tracks.

harlan07
Runaway

Re: Poll: New CD with punk covers or with totally new songs?

Post by harlan07 »

I think it will be new SA songs, but either way its awesome we are getting new recordings.

If it is new SA originals, it will interesting to see how the new members influence the sound. Obviously Justin is one talented dude, and so is Winston so no doubt the music will be awesome.