2013 Feb. 10th - Lincoln Theatre, Raleigh, North Carolina

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

2013 Feb. 10th - Lincoln Theatre, Raleigh, North Carolina

Post by Monolith Maniac »

February 10th, 2013
Lincoln Theatre
Raleigh, North Carolina

Admission: $17.00 / Day of show: $20.00
Doors: 7:00 PM / Show: 8:00 PM

http://lincolntheatre.com/schedule.htm
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

missthisgone
Inmate

Re: 2013 Feb. 10th - Lincoln Theatre, Raleigh, North Carolin

Post by missthisgone »

didnt get in til 2 30 last night ! sorry for the late post.

soul asylum in great form , i decided to stand directly in front of dave this time!

bought that big poster that was signed as well..

talked with winston and justin, very nice guys, seemed happy to be there and playing , gave them props for keeping the boys going

never heard "when i ran off " before live ! nice addition this night

Chris , wherever you are, nice to talk to a fan up front !! hit me up on here and we can talk

Lance (missthisgone)

review and setlist coming soon...

Sad Daydream
Marionette

Post by Sad Daydream »

Hiya Lance, it's Chris. What a great show, and how nice to talk to another true fan! I can't wait to see the NYC show Saturday! I'll be in touch after I get back home. Glad you got home safely. Oh - funny story - I was at Schoolkids Records today and the owner asked me if Dave Pirner was asking about my shirt (he saw me up front) - I said 'no, he was talking to the guy I was standing next to'. Then he asked me what the shirt was. Explaining it was pretty funny. :-)

Later, dude.

missthisgone
Inmate

Post by missthisgone »

setlist:
Your Generation (nice to change it up from SHOVE!)
just like anyone
misery
gravity
into the light
streets
whatcha need
black gold
without a trace
black gold
laughing
cant even tell
leave this town
oxygen
latley
never really been
runaway train
closer to the stars
somebody to shove
encore:ran off and left her (AMAZING)
April Fool

missthisgone
Inmate

Post by missthisgone »

yeah, wore the shirt with the police man looking up the guys rear ! dave commented on it during the show and asked everyone in the band if they liked it! nice to have happen that evening....

There is a lady that is part of the crew that is quite anal and angry , she tapped me once again for video!! i dont let it bother me ( i just do very short less than 30 sec clips here and there, you find the same crap all over youtube, not like i am selling it!)

anyone else have run ins with her? all my friends and anyone think she is a B***, but we all need a job, just dont seem to fit soul asylum air in my opinion. she just has an attitude, sorry to say this, other than that-- i love everyone in the soul asylum crew.

had Dave sign the backbeat vinyl , he laughed and said it was a "big mistake" doing that project ! he said we all have regrets!! i guess maybe the label made him do that one, i happen to like the backbeat thing though

Missthisgone

missthisgone
Inmate

Post by missthisgone »

oh and i dont know if its at every show, but there was a screen that was showing images on the floor in front of dave (what was this, for lyrics? dunno) and some things he saw were cracking him up!!

just wondering if anyone has seen this or knows about it, inside joke i guess, and thats cool !

and dave is married. he told a girl she was hotter than women at the grammys , then quickly said, "i am married , please dont show this to anyone!!" He was just being polite, i know some didnt know if he was officialy married or not (if anyone cares)

went out back with them and some black guy (possibly street person?) was chanting / rapping ---and it didnt seem like it was going to end soon. They were humoring him, singing along, laughing. Kind of awkard me standing there waiting like a fool, so i went on home and didnt bother dave for pic with me , i know it can get old dealing with crazy fans like myself!!

hell of a show though, dont miss them if you can guys

Lance (missthisgone)

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Why would they mind people making videos?

Reminds me of 1994. Soul Asylum were playing the PinkPop festival in my country. The festival was broadcast live on TV and SA were the only band that didn't allow any songs of their show to be aired while most other bands on the line up were much bigger yet they were fine with it. That totally pissed me off because 11 year old me had been waiting all day in front of the TV just to see a glimpse of my favourite band. Apparently the band told them that if people wanted to see them, they should have bought a ticket. I can't imagine this being the same deal here, but it's still odd.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

well I've heard that Dave doesn't like to be video taped. To each his own I guess.

Thanks again for another review and setlist!!
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

missthisgone
Inmate

Post by missthisgone »

here is a pic

oh and on that lady, i recall last june her yanking papers back from fans given to the fans by other roadies !! i just dont think she is fan friendly. I know you have to be mean this day and age, but i am the most respectful guy you will meet !! anyway , enough of me bitching about miss king.....

all i am saying is i have spent over $300 in tickets and merchandise , i am paying her salary essentially, be happy , i cant be an ass to my customers at my job!!

missthisgone

missthisgone
Inmate

Post by missthisgone »

having a hard time getting a pic on here !
Attachments
DSCN3384.jpg