2013 Oct. 14th - The Tralf, Buffalo, New York

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
PAULY
Caged Rat

2013 Oct. 14th - The Tralf, Buffalo, New York

Post by PAULY »

JUST GOT HOME FROM THE SOUL ASYLUM SHOW IN BUFFALO...AND LET ME TELL YOU THERES NO BETTER FEELING THEN SEEING SOUL ASYLUM LIVE FRONT ROW. NO MATTER HOW OLD DAVE GETS STILL SO MUCH ENERGY AND HIM AND THE NEW GUYS JUST HAVING FUN ON STAGE DOING WHAT THEY DO FUCKIN AWESOME !!! BUT HERES THE SET LIST ALL THEY WAY THREW THEY DID....

STILL BE LAUGHING
CANT EVEN TELL
GRAVITY
INTO THE LIGHT
THE STREETS
BLACK GOLD
WITHOUT A TRACE
MISERY
JUST LIKE ANYONE
OXYGEN LATELY
RUNAWAY TRAIN
SOMEBODY TO SHOVE
APRIL FOOL

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Re: 2013 Oct. 14th - The Tralf, Buffalo, New York

Post by reboog711 »

Thanks for the setlist.

BTW; typing in all caps is often considered yelling on the Internet.

PAULY
Caged Rat

Post by PAULY »

sorry still a little excited from the show i was...lol

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

PAULY wrote:sorry still a little excited from the show i was...lol
Understandable :)

Was glad to make it to this show after the Rochester show was cancelled. Another great, energetic performance. Loved this venue and really hope they come back to it!

We got there really early because we caught the show on the way home from visiting family in Syracuse, so really didn't have any place to be other than hanging around waiting for the show. Got to say hi to Dave when he was on his way in for the soundcheck (which we heard part of from outside - a cover of Rolling Stones Dead Flowers). While in line we made friends with a couple of guys who were in the Tralf members line, both Soul Asylum fans and ended up sitting with them and then standing in the front with them. Dave told a joke about the pope being sick with bird flu. He gave me a guitar pick towards the end of the show. Just a really fun show and I'm really liking the changing set lists. The only complaint I have was that I wish it was a longer set. It didn't feel as short in Pittsburgh as it did last night for whatever reason. After the show, we met Winston outside - what a nice guy! He was really bummed when he realized that they were no longer going to Rochester and that is where the House of Guitars is.

I thought Evan Dando was much better than he was last week in Pittsburgh. In Pittsburgh I was really struggling to hear his vocals over the guitar and he was...I dunno just kind of stood there, played his songs and left. Last night he was smiling and talked a bit to the crowd. Really enjoyed his set this time around. Skipped staying for Fountains of Wayne because we hadn't eaten all day and well, it's just hard for me to get excited about seeing another band play after Soul Asylum. They're truly a hard act to follow :D

A few pictures, off of FB so unfortunately quality isn't so good:

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

And we shot a few videos, here's Into The Light:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTP7f07p ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

PAULY
Caged Rat

Post by PAULY »

very nice pics i must say . all my pics were from the other side of the stage so good see a different view. you did get me in your first 2 pics im the guy wearing the green soul asylum shirt on the left end of the stage. but awesome show it was !!!

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

PAULY wrote:very nice pics i must say . all my pics were from the other side of the stage so good see a different view. you did get me in your first 2 pics im the guy wearing the green soul asylum shirt on the left end of the stage. but awesome show it was !!!
Oh cool! I remember seeing you :) I was the girl with the guy who has long dreads (lol my husband is much more recognizable then me). Would love to see your pictures! Did you take any video?

I'm guessing you're the Pauly who commented on the video? We did not get Just Like Anyone there because we got that one in Puttsburgh. From this show there will also be videos for Somebody to Shove, Misery and Oxygen :)

PAULY
Caged Rat

Post by PAULY »

i do remember seeing the dude with the dreads yea everytime i go to put pics on this page they say there too big and wont let me post them on here sux! but no i didnt get no video but you guys always have great video of the shows and how you mix them up very good stuff ...and looking foward if you guys decide to put the rest of them on youtube which im hoping you do !!!!

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

PAULY wrote:i do remember seeing the dude with the dreads yea everytime i go to put pics on this page they say there too big and wont let me post them on here sux! but no i didnt get no video but you guys always have great video of the shows and how you mix them up very good stuff ...and looking foward if you guys decide to put the rest of them on youtube which im hoping you do !!!!

Aww thanks!

If you have Facebook, you can put them on your FB then link to them from there with the Img button. FB will make them small enough to post here.

And definitely, they'll all be on Youtube. Probably Somebody to Shove will be done later on tonight :)

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

Somebody To Shove :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6kN1Xrt ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]