Is SA the Headliner?

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
mrsromek
Inmate

Re: Is SA the Headliner?

Post by mrsromek »

Wow....you didn't like Evan's set? I thought it was OK, and I honestly never heard some of the songs he did. I will be the first to admit, I only knew the Lemonheads 2 or 3 radio hits from back in the day and haven't heard them in years. I thought he sounded good, but I would have preferred an acoustic over the one man electric.

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

I enjoyed Evan's set in Buffalo, in Pittsburgh his vocals were drowned out by his guitar :/

The order here seemed odd to me too. Soul Asylum is a really hard act to follow in terms of energy and...rock n roll-ness ( that's something I just now came up with!). But then, being in the middle may not be a bad thing because I think the most people wil be there during the middle set for a show like this. I have read a couple reviews/comments on these shows and they are overwhelmingly positive about SA's set, even with people who were mostly there for FOW. People who wouldn't probably have gone out for SA by themselves but maybe will the next time they're around.

dragonmaster69
Stranger

Post by dragonmaster69 »

I didn't enjoy Evan's set very much because it was solo electric. I just hate the sound and it just feels off. Maybe I'm just biased against solo electic because my boyfriend will play his electic and sing to me and I just find it annoying. He wasn't drowned out by it, I just didn't find it entertaining. I did notice a young couple near me who were maybe a year older than myself, get excited only for "Runaway Train." They were definitely there for FOW, but part of me hopes they enjoyed Soul Asylum, went to their local record store the next day and sought out an album or two. While highly unlikely, I still like to hope. :) When I'm at a record/CD store, I tend to find CDs I already have/enjoy and I'll put them somewhere where somebody will have to see it, or pick it up, just so they'll have that particular CD/band on their brain. I'd say I'm clever...

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

dragonmaster69 wrote:When I'm at a record/CD store, I tend to find CDs I already have/enjoy and I'll put them somewhere where somebody will have to see it, or pick it up, just so they'll have that particular CD/band on their brain.
One time I was at Half Price Books and I found a bunch of SA CD's on the clearance shelf. I took them out and put them under S where they belonged. :P

dragonmaster69
Stranger

Post by dragonmaster69 »

One time I was at Half Price Books and I found a bunch of SA CD's on the clearance shelf. I took them out and put them under S where they belonged. :P[/quote]

Yeah, at one store in particular they have a "Sweet CD's" sectionand I found And the Horse They Rode in on, multiple copies of GDU, LYDLS, and Fountains of Wayne's Traffic and Weather and stacked them all on the special display. Even though like, none of those are my favorite albumsby either band...