Forum issues and suggestions

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

this is true (about the individual Yahoo messages going to your personal email account revealing the senders email address)

But isn't it odd that there is only 1 instance so far on this site when someone's full email address was revealed on someone's "reply" to a post?

I think so.

disilluzion wrote: I get individual emails for each reply and the email addresses are included for everyone. This was the same on the yahoo group as well.

disilluzion
O'Jeezer

Post by disilluzion »

There haven't been many posts thus far, maybe that was the only quoted post that had a reply sent via email. I dunno.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

norma23 wrote:But isn't it odd that there is only 1 instance so far on this site when someone's full email address was revealed on someone's "reply" to a post?
disilluzion wrote:There haven't been many posts thus far, maybe that was the only quoted post that had a reply sent via email. I dunno.
It is possible that Jakob or I were configuring the forum at the time which might have led for the email address to be displayed. I had noticed that the same thing occurred before we opened up the site. This leads me to believe the way the forum is set up, it displays the email addresses as default, so we had to remove that.

Jim

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Switch the site suggestions and article section

Post by no1rockfan »

Site suggestions is high priority right now, but won't be forever. I think the articles section and site suggestions should be switched.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Switch the site suggestions and article section

no1rockfan wrote:Site suggestions is high priority right now, but won't be forever. I think the articles section and site suggestions should be switched.
I'm not completely sure I completely understand why the "article" section should be switched, since it is below the current one of Website and Forum Feedback (maybe you meant swiched to the "General Discussion" section)?

Anyhow, I temporarily moved the "Forum issues/suggestions" topic to the "General Discussion" category where it should be read by more people.

If possible, Jakob and I would prefer it if all users could contact us first with future problems that you may have. If many people are experiencing similar problems we will then address the concern in the "Forum issues and suggestion" topic to see if they can be resolved.

Thanks,

Jim

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Monolith Maniac wrote:
no1rockfan wrote:Site suggestions is high priority right now, but won't be forever. I think the articles section and site suggestions should be switched.
I'm not completely sure I completely understand why the "article" section should be switched, since it is below the current one of Website and Forum Feedback (maybe you meant swiched to the "General Discussion" section)?
I just think the articles section is more related to the band talk--maybe it could be moved. Website issues have always been listed at the bottom of other forums I've been on for a long time, so I guess I feel it's not high priority to most forumites. Not trying to be a pest, just a stickler for organization. It's your forum, though!

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

no1rockfan wrote:I just think the articles section is more related to the band talk--maybe it could be moved. Website issues have always been listed at the bottom of other forums I've been on for a long time, so I guess I feel it's not high priority to most forumites. Not trying to be a pest, just a stickler for organization. It's your forum, though!
I understand completely with your reasoning, I'm a stickler for organization as well. After the site starts populating with more articles, hopefully there will be more use of the Article Discussion thread. If the category proves to be unsuccessful, it's always a possiblity it can be merged/moved into another category.

The category The Site & the Forum which includes Website and Forum Feedback does technically pertain to the site/forum, and really isn't so much "off topic" to the site, as opposed to talking about other bands, cars, food, and the like, so I'd like to keep that where it is (at least for now).

I will switch the two categories in The Site & the Forum area so that the Website and Forum Feedback category is a little closer to the bottom (like other forums).

I hope you understand for the reasonings. I want the site to be convienent and easily navigatable for everybody.

Jim

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Cool, that looks better. 8)

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Hey, I just had a problem, twice, after posting. Instead of the template coming up with "your message was successfully entered" or whatever it says, it came out in print, long form, in yellow. The last one went way down the page. I don't know what that was all about, but it might be worth checking out.

The second section said something about Backtrace.

Actually, it just did it again, and the template is at the bottom of the page under all this jibberish.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

What do you mean by "it came out in print"? It's likely this is entirely the fault of phpBB, although it could be something on my server that messes it up. I have no idea at the moment, so it would help if you could provide me with a screenshot of it.