2015 June 24 - Webster Theater - Hartford, CT

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
matty
Marionette

2015 June 24 - Webster Theater - Hartford, CT

Post by matty »

Soul Asylum / Meat Puppets
The End of the World, Runamuk, Paragon Theorem, Arc City Angels
Wed, June 24, 2015
Doors: 5:00 pm / Show: 5:00 pm
The Webster
$25.00 - $28.00

http://www.webstertheater.com/event/821 ... -hartford/

zany
Social Butterfly

Re: 2015 June 24 - Webster Theater - Hartford, CT

Post by zany »

what/??? what? ! why am i only now seeing this!?!?!?!? : ) : )... ok going to hold my breath and look at my calendar.... oh phew i think i can go.

5pm... though !! hmm how will i find a babysitter who can get out of work early enough for me to go!?!?! ! better start buttering up grandma...

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

JUST ORDERED MY TICKETS :) :)

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

Ugh; 7 opening bands listed.

The End of the World, Runamuk, Paragon Theorem, Arc City Angels, Jared McCloud, End Of War, Entandem

I assume a bunch of locals who are required to sell tickets [and get their spot in the set based on the number of tickets sold]

Anyone have any idea what time Soul Asylum / Meat Puppets go on?

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

it says "2nd Stage: 5pm Doors / Main Stage: 7pm Doors"

so MAYBE that means those 7 bands play 5-7.... and meat puppets & SA start at 7 on the main stage? (or doors to main stage area don't even open till 7..?)

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

I've never been to Webster where it had two stages... unless the second stage is the Webster Underground.....

Oh, well. I'll shoot for 7.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

yes the pic on the website says '5:00 underground doors; 7:00 main stage doors" http://www.webstertheater.com/event/821 ... -hartford/

i think i'll aim to get there 6:30??? i don't know.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

More later but I had a good time at the show
Was excited to hear supersonic for my first time

I was Really not into the meat puppets. I had no clue what to expect
But liked the local opening band better than them (!)

The place was bigger than my husband remembered (sorry for my earlier input!!)
Gotta go

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

My random thoughts on the show in no particular order:

1) Vocals were not well mixed for any of the bands. For SA; the backup vocals were a lot lower than Dave's. I think it hurt some of the songs.

2) I caught 3 of the opening bands (2 in the Underground second stage and one on the main stage). One was okay; the other two were meh. I couldn't tell you any of their names. The opening band that played the main stage was doing metal like it was 1982 and I thought it was horrible.

3) I thought the Meat Puppets did well. I knew their three Nirvana songs. They didn't play Backwater. I would call them a Psychedelic Rock Jam band. The lead guitar sounded great. I enjoyed them, but they were unpolished and noisy. The other two shows I saw them play were much better [at least in my mind].

4) I'm pretty sure SA did the same set they are playing at all other shows. I suspect the band members memorized it; and they plowed through the songs quickly without much time for chat.

5) Supersonic sounds cool; or at least the vocal melody I imagined in my head sounded cool The other new one has a cool drum beat that I didn't pick up on the other times I heard it.

6) I sat by a wall riser on stage right. I think two girls referred to me as 'cute' [Not directly to me, but when talking to a bouncer]. I'll take that as a compliment even if I imagined it.

7) If I had to guess, there were about 100 people there and the place looked empty. I have to wonder how much the venue/bands made.

8) My first time seeing Made to be Broken, The Game, No Time for Waiting, and Eyes of a Child live. When they came out for an encore someone yelled Easy Street and Dave made a comment about "we have a lot of songs, so you'll have to come back again to see others." That isn't a direct quote.

9) The venue had an 'army' of bouncers walking through the crowd making people turn off their cell phones video cameras. With a few people it rose to the point of hassling the concert goer. Is that a venue thing or does that order come from the band?

10) I got a severe pat down when going in; but whatever they were looking for they didn't find.

11) My recording came out like crap. I'm either having mic issues, or battery issues. I'm a bit bummed about it.

12) Parking was expensive...

Despite the 'unchanging' setlist this tour; I wouldn't mind seeing another set of these songs. If I weren't in NYC for the day; I may have been tempted to go to The Middle East show tonight.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Thanks for the review!

9) I think the band prefers that people not film, but I believe that the venues have the final say in how it is enforced. The vast majority of live vids on youtube are crap anyway, and blue screens up in the air all song long are annoying. Good on someone for telling people to put the phones down.

12) I don't know this venue/location, but every time I go to a show or game in Hartford, even at the big arena, I park on the street. No problems there.