2015 June 24 - Webster Theater - Hartford, CT

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
zany
Social Butterfly

Re: 2015 June 24 - Webster Theater - Hartford, CT

Post by zany »

I'm back.
yes the place was terribly empty.
it was like 20 of us SA fans and the rest were Trinity students and friends of the bands who played on the underground

Ha the opening band on main stage (paragon theorum) I thought was pleasant enough to listen to but once m.p. went on I suddenly missed that opening band. Sorry they (m.p.) were just not for me

As for vocals volume... every SA show ive been to I felt dans mic was always so turned down he'd be scream-singjng and could barely be heard
last night I noticed Winston went to daves mic and oddly I couldn't hear him AT ALL. Weird

I actually thought that opening band had the easiest to hear vocals

Your profile pic looks familiar I think I saw you there. I was one of the two women wearing the black soul asylum shirts but I had the shorter hair of us 2. Ohhhh I took two blurry pics ill have to post later

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

i'm attempting to upload a photo...
Attachments
SoulAsylum1.JPG
SoulAsylum1.JPG (1.77 MiB) Viewed 18054 times
SoulAsylum2.JPG
SoulAsylum2.JPG (1.63 MiB) Viewed 18054 times

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

some other random things the pics reminded me of:
dave was wearing a 'new' (to me) tshirt. he said it was of geronimo but i couldn't tell. it was dark mauve on light mauve. he made some joke about it with regard to winston's superman/wonderwoman shirt.

also the comment at the encore after easy street was requested was something like "that's the problem we have so many great tunes it's hard to pick one" (also not an exact quote!)

yes they definitely played each song RIGHT after the last which i kind of appreciated as a way to squeeze more music in so i liked it.

i met somebody in the lobby trying on the SA yaegermeister style tshirt but in the end he opted for a poster instead of a tshirt. (howdy if you're reading).

oh there was a part in... !?!?! can't recall what song - was it one of the encores? where it looked like dave was getting a guitar lesson from justin.

mystic spiral i realized this was my first SA concert i've been to that you weren't at! except maybe my first one before i knew you but maybe you were there i forget. i felt more obligated to take mental notes since you weren't there writing stuff down! but it's 24 hrs later now that i'm finding time to write anything down so most things are forgotten.

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

Yaz McBoo wrote: 12) I don't know this venue/location, but every time I go to a show or game in Hartford, even at the big arena, I park on the street. No problems there.
I paid $15 for parking. And the ticket was $25? (or was it $20?) Either way... :-(

The venue web site explicitly says "Do not park on the street that is for local parking only." however I'm pretty sure that street parking is first come first served. When I used to go to the venue; I had a place I usually parked. But, it has been ages I decided to park in the venue parking lot for simplicity.

If I ever go back, I may switch back to Street Parking. :-)

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

zany wrote: Your profile pic looks familiar I think I saw you there.
Yesterday is the first time I had a profile pic on the site. However, I have never met anyone here on here in person [despite having been a semi-regular contributor for many years]. I have never went out of my way to meet people.

Feel free to say hi next time at your discretion.

zany wrote: I was one of the two women wearing the black soul asylum shirts but I had the shorter hair of us 2.
I wasn't surveying the audience to check out the women; so I don't think I saw you. I noticed a couple slow dancing to The Game; and a taller guy who kept getting yelled at for using his phone to vid.

I think I saw two women together in 'grey' shirts; but I thought both were 'blank'. They could have been black SA shirts; but I was too far away to make out colors or logos. Maybe that was you and your friend. :-)

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

I wasn't with the other gal in the same shirt. But we noticed each others matching outfits outside before going in and I Was standing in the front a few people away from her. I was in front of Justin
My husband was next to me and is tall but wasn't using his phone
The guy I talked to trying tshirt sizes looked kinda like you which is why I think I saw you.
Ok I am ready for the next ct concert now!!!!! Hate not having one to look fwd to!

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

i have post-concert-itis. (it's a relative of post-vacation-itis).
i actually just checked the show listing to see if they are coming back and i hadn't noticed (haha). saw the new jersey show in august... but i definitely can't do that date so i'm not going to torture myself with looking up how long of a drive it is for me. .... maybe if there was a date in sight for a new album that would be a decent substitute....

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

zany wrote:i have post-concert-itis. (it's a relative of post-vacation-itis).
i actually just checked the show listing to see if they are coming back and i hadn't noticed (haha). saw the new jersey show in august... but i definitely can't do that date so i'm not going to torture myself with looking up how long of a drive it is for me. .... maybe if there was a date in sight for a new album that would be a decent substitute....
Post Concert Depression is no fun. If you do a search on it online, some pretty funny stuff comes up on how to cope with it. If nothing else, you know you're not alone in feeling it.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

thanks! ha - i had never heard of this. i thought i 'invented' "post-vacation-itis" and then sorta turned it into post-concert-itis. guess i'm not so original but yes, this is entertaining:

"You may find yourself on LiveNation, looking at that next date seven states away thinking, “Yes, this is a good idea.” And, you know, I can’t argue with that. You might spend money (like, a lot of it) to feel alive again… Wow, this sounds like an addiction. Holy shit, do we have an addiction?" from http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/ ... depression

and wow. i had all these symptoms SO badly after my first 2 SA shows. now, like an addiction i guess, i get less and less of a buz each time which is so sad!

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

OneLovedBand wrote:
Post Concert Depression is no fun. If you do a search on it online, some pretty funny stuff comes up on how to cope with it. If nothing else, you know you're not alone in feeling it.
Story of my life!

I had it rough returning from Rock N Roll vacation. Post-concert depression combined with post-vacation depression. I'm feeling a little better now. And also thinking about that NJ show....