2008 June 7th - Ribfest: Fargodome, Fargo, ND

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Meat
Lone Rider

Re: The Fargo June 7th show...

Post by Meat »

Thanks for the welcome Sometime to Return!!! Although, I do believe they should keep "All Is Well" in the setlist. It's been my favorite since the album came out along with "Bus Named Desire." At least we agree on those other songs! :)

As for the nostalgia thing, I know these Ribfests are set up & based on nostalgia, but I've always enjoyed it when bands take chances to play new songs that people don't know (I've also seen Joan Jett do it a couple of years ago). Concerts are one of the best forms of advertisement/promotion, & it shows commitment to a project you've spent many hours working on, in most cases. Internet is one way to do it, but now literally everyone with computer knowledge is flooding the net with rough videos or very rough demos of their stuff. With barely any radio/video play these days, most people barely remember bands like Soul Asylum until they find out "Oh, (insert band) is playing Ribfest. I love (insert hit song)". Ideally, Ribfests are a great way to bring people in who may have forgotten about you, which is where Phil is correct on the nostalgia factor. I've been fortunate to be with people they've won over based just on that night's shows alone (with a little help from Tommy!), & it's been extremely cool to see that. That's why I had a little problem with the review just concentrating on the nostalgia bit & knocking them for trying to avoid that. Now, if Soul Asylum decides to drop everything from The Silver Lining & never release something new, then the writer may be on to something.

-Manfish

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

Finally got around to posting some pictures from this show on my myspace page.
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

clammers wrote:Finally got around to posting some pictures from this show on my myspace page.
Got a link to share? :lol:

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

yeah...the www under my post

www.myspace.com/floggingheadchargeasylum
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Thanks for sharing, mr. clammers. They came out great! Is it just me or is that a Star of David on the chain Dan's wearing (see second Dan pic in your album)?

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

Yeah it was, as far as I could tell.