2008 July 18th - Waukesha County Fair, Waukesha, WI

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
lucy
Social Butterfly

Re: July 18th

Post by lucy »

I just finished putting some photos on myspace and some short video clips also!!

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

lucy wrote:I just finished putting some photos on myspace and some short video clips also!!
Link to your myspace?

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: Waukesha Pics and Videos up now!

Post by philipgar »

I've added two more videos, The Freebird/wildfire/jam/oxygen thing, and closer to the stars. I also took one of all is well, but it didn't come out very good. Tim's Oxygen video is of higher quality, but mine starts before his, getting freebird and wildfire on it.

Sorry about the quality, my hands weren't very steady, and the audio didn't come out as good as I'd hoped. i think being outdoors makes it worse, and I want to say my thumb may have been too close to the microphone for some of it (I think that's what happened with All is well, and is why I'm not posting it).

I don't know if the videos are done processing yet or not, but they'll be at http://www.youtube.com/user/philipgar

Phil

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

philipgar wrote:I've added two more videos, The Freebird/wildfire/jam/oxygen thing, and closer to the stars. I also took one of all is well, but it didn't come out very good. Tim's Oxygen video is of higher quality, but mine starts before his, getting freebird and wildfire on it.

I don't know if the videos are done processing yet or not, but they'll be at http://www.youtube.com/user/philipgar

Phil
Nice job, Phil. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do I also hear a couple lines of Sweet Home Alabama in there too (before Wildfire and Free Bird)?
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Monolith Maniac wrote:
Nice job, Phil. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do I also hear a couple lines of Sweet Home Alabama in there too (before Wildfire and Free Bird)?
You're right. They did do Sweet home alabama, and not Freebird. I tend to confuse my skynnard songs, particularly when its only 5 seconds of them.

Phil

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

philipgar wrote:
Monolith Maniac wrote:
You're right. They did do Sweet home alabama, and not Freebird. I tend to confuse my skynnard songs, particularly when its only 5 seconds of them.

Phil
They did do Free Bird, its the "jam" you have listed at the end. I was thinking of Sweet Home Alabama as the "some other song" when I posted the setlist (but evidently it was at the beginning of the three, not the end).

So its: Sweet Home Alabama>Wildfire>Free Bird

I'll make the necessary changes to the setlist in my review of the show.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

tditz_gb wrote:And the photos are in the usual place on my Flickr concert shots page:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14861540@N08/
Great pics as always, Tim. You have a way with a camera.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

philipgar wrote:I've added two more videos, The Freebird/wildfire/jam/oxygen thing, and closer to the stars. l
Thanks for capturing Closer to the Stars! I could listen to/watch that song over and over and over.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Monolith Maniac wrote:
philipgar wrote: Dave was not wearing new jeans during the show.
D'oh, must of never given it a second thought once they came out to play (even though I got a bunch of pics verifying he was wearing his regular pants). Though I probably would have noticed if he still was playing in those new jeans because it definitely would have been out of the ordinary. :P

Definitely not the a greatest of shots of Dave, but I was more or less taking a quick pic of his hole-free pants. He also changed his shirt too once the show started.
Thanks for the rare footage of Dave in holeless jeans!

Oh, and for the show report, too. Sounds like it was a great time.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I like what I've seen so far. :)