2008 Sep. 27 - Taste of St. Louis, St. Louis, MO

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

2008 Sep. 27 - Taste of St. Louis, St. Louis, MO

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Pollstar has added another SA show; this one at the Taste of St. Louis.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

http://www.tastestl.com/
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Re: Sat. Sept. 27; Taste of St. Louis

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Monolith Maniac wrote:Pollstar has added another SA show; this one at the Taste of St. Louis.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

http://www.tastestl.com/
OH MAN! Thats about as far away as Aquapalooza was..which isn't too bad.. about 3 hours....wonder how I can pull that off!!! Withdrawal has been bad..having seen two concerts within 2 months time! Whats really kind of weird is that just last night I had a dream about Dave and Dan (no ladies not THAT kind of dream :mrgreen: ) but they were at my house for some reason getting ready to go to their next gig. They end up leaving, and I am trying to find some way of getting there! I was also trying to find a camera in my dream. Since Aquapalooza my camera shot craps..I think it was dropped in the sand one too many times ! ! The plotting begins...
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Twiddly Dee wrote:OH MAN! Thats about as far away as Aquapalooza was..which isn't too bad.. about 3 hours....wonder how I can pull that off!!! Withdrawal has been bad..having seen two concerts within 2 months time! The plotting begins...
This could end up being just what I need -- if I can find a way to make a trip to St. Louis. (God, I HATE St. Louis, but for Soul Asylum, I'm willing to make the trip!) I, too, have been experiencing withdrawal pangs. My new vinyl helped ease the pain for a time, but now it's really kicking in.

As you say, Tweedly Dee, the plotting begins . . . :)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
Twiddly Dee wrote:OH MAN! Thats about as far away as Aquapalooza was..which isn't too bad.. about 3 hours....wonder how I can pull that off!!! Withdrawal has been bad..having seen two concerts within 2 months time! The plotting begins...
This could end up being just what I need -- if I can find a way to make a trip to St. Louis. (God, I HATE St. Louis, but for Soul Asylum, I'm willing to make the trip!) I, too, have been experiencing withdrawal pangs. My new vinyl helped ease the pain for a time, but now it's really kicking in.

As you say, Tweedly Dee, the plotting begins . . . :)
Its going to be hard to finagle this one. My husband works Saturdays, and having been to St. Louis, its not a place he wants me and his son to go alone, so I have got to figure something out! What really sucks is none of my family or friends are really into Soul Asylum like me,my husband and son are. So will see...keeping my fingers crossed!

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Twiddly Dee wrote:Its going to be hard to finagle this one. My husband works Saturdays, and having been to St. Louis, its not a place he wants me and his son to go alone, so I have got to figure something out! What really sucks is none of my family or friends are really into Soul Asylum like me,my husband and son are. So will see...keeping my fingers crossed!
I'm having difficulty with this one, too. I don't feel like I can ask any of my non-fan friends to make the trip to St. Louis. (Last time, my friend went just to spend the day at the lake. :))

Still, it seems a shame to miss SA when St. Louis really isn't that far away. And that would make 3 shows in 4 months and 4 shows in one year for me, which nearly makes up for being late to start seeing the band's live shows. Talk about lucky! :D

I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us.

Still plotting . . .
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

shizzle
Stranger

Post by shizzle »

Does anyone happen to know what time they will be playing>

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

shizzle wrote:Does anyone happen to know what time they will be playing>
I looked at the site for it but didn't see anything listed for a time. So if I happen to find out I will post it. But if anyone finds out before me please let me know! Thanks

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Thanks to my @#%*! car, there's no way I can go to the St. Louis show.

I am heartbroken. :cry:

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can make it, Rusty.

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

CrazyLittleWoman

Thanks to my @#%*! car, there's no way I can go to the St. Louis show.

I am heartbroken.
CLW- We (actually you); need a plan B. Plan B is to call you favorite rental car company (hertz, avis, dollar whomever) and rent a car. You should be able to get a compact car for a reasonable price with unlimited mileage. A compact car should get 30+ mles to a gallon; split the cost with a friend and admission is free. The band needs you there; the fans need you there and you need to be there.

No come on kid; let's go!! :D
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

looks like SA plays at 9:30, for those that can make it

http://www.tastestl.com/Southern-Comfor ... -Concerts/
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over