2008 Dec. 19th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

2008 Dec. 19th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Post by Sometime to Return »

I was in downtown last night walking past 1st Avenue; so I stopped in to ask them when the tickets go on sale for this show.

I was told by the someone working in the front that the show hasn't been confirmed yet. Not liking that answer; I asked for a manager. Not sure if the guy that came down was indeed the manager or not; but he re-itereated that the show hasn't been confirmed yet.

Any cause for concern here?
Anyone in "the know"; know why this show hasn't be confirmed yet?

I am not fretting; yet, ( it is only September after all). But...
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Re: Friday December 19th, 2008... 1st Avenue

Post by norma023 »

I wouldn't be too concerned.

What if they book another local show in between now and then, and if they had officially announced the Dec show by now, and starting selling tickets for it, that itself might impact sales for a show happening before then (if one gets booked, and for example at a smaller venue).

So maybe another show for the locals is in the makings before that Dec 19th show ?!?

Cue in Tracy/Promisesbroken to start up the rumor mill......
:)
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

I vote for two nights!

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

norma023
What if they book another local show in between now and then, and if they had officially announced the Dec show by now, and starting selling tickets for it, that itself might impact sales for a show happening before then (if one gets booked, and for example at a smaller venue

Norma23;
looks like you are a prophet. I see they just booked a show in Hinckley.
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

The December 19th show is finally on First Ave's calendar.

18+
$17, $20 dos

they go on sale this Friday, October 3rd

TicketMaster will probably have them up by Noon and the local outlets will have them later in the day.
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

I have my ticklets... Wowowo !!

Only down side; today it's like 70 degrees and when the show rolls around it will probably be zero. Yikes!!
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

My ticket arrived in today's mail. Very excited to have a Soul Asylum ticket that says Minneapolis for once - this'll be my first trip out there!!! Hoping to also catch the Minnesota Wild a couple nights before.

-Rob

derickson
Marionette

Post by derickson »

Just bought my tickets yesterday.
First Ave is the perfect venue for SA, they always seem at home there. A little rough on the outside, just like them!
I was there last year also, so good times for all!!

inasimplerhyme
Runaway

Post by inasimplerhyme »

Yes, it may very well be 0 degrees come show time, but there's nothing like walking out of a crowded First Ave Soul Asylum show in December and feeling that first smack of crisp, cold winter air. For that first minute or two, it's as refreshing as the Kool-Aid Mom used to make. I used to experience that regularly before I moved from Minnesota to California, and I can't wait to experience it again in a couple of months.

Just like last year. :)

-Jon

P.S. And if they played, "Freaks", it'd be absolutely perfect.

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Sometime to Return wrote:I have my ticklets... Wowowo !!

Only down side; today it's like 70 degrees and when the show rolls around it will probably be zero. Yikes!!
I'm fine with it being zero degrees, In fact, I wouldn't mind if it was even colder, because bitter cold means less chance of heavy or wet snow which would make the roads crappy. My crew needs to drive all the way from western North Dakota, so it will seriously depress me if it ends up that dangerous road conditions means we can't/shouldn't risk the drive. No way we can afford to fly.

The last show I've been to was Sept 2005, just a few weeks before I had a disabling stroke so I'm seriously needing a live Soul Asylum fix!! I'd gotten used to seeing multiple shows every year, so the withdrawal has been killing me.

I can't drive anymore due to my stroke deficits, so it's been rather depressing these last 3 years, seeing several MN shows that I couldn't go to due to not having a driver & travel assistant available. My brother better get the time off from work, because I just ordered the tickets for my entourage, and he will be my driver. My son will be coming with, also, and loves Soul Asylum shows almost as much as me, so hopefully he will be able to get me in my wheelchair to the front of the crowd, or else I won't be to see a thing. It would be unnatural to have to attend a Soul Asylum show in the back of the crowd instead of rocking out in the front, but I'll take it any way I can get it.

I've never been a dancer, but yet, I've never been able to keep from moving to the music at shows, so I guess I better start seeing what I can safely manage with my weak left leg, so I don't lose my balance & fall as I try to rock. :D (I can stand and even walk a bit with a cane, but will need my chair handy for when I get too tired to stand anymore.) I may be disabled now, but I still refuse to sit down during a rock concert for as much of it as I can endure and my "rocking out" will be probably be limited to nearly imperceptible bouncing to the music, but I WILL be moving. :)

dells