New Soul Asylum Song: Let's All Kill Each Other

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Homesick
Warden

Re: New Soul Asylum Song: Let's All Kill Each Other

Post by Homesick »

The number of downloads of the song now exceeds the number of members we've got registered at this forum (236). The release has become a much larger success than I thought it would, and a lot quicker to take off!

Obviously, the word is spreading; this is clearly a great time to be a Soul Asylum fan—not to mention running a Soul Asylum fansite!

Now, if we could just get every single one of those 17220 friends of Soul Asylum on MySpace to download the song and crash our servers... ;)

Note: The number I've listed is the total number of unique downloads, which means that every IP address is only included once. In other words, each download represents a single individual (with the possible exception of those who have dynamic IP addresses).
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Homesick wrote:The number of downloads of the song now exceeds the number of members we've got registered at this forum (236). The release has become a much larger success than I thought it would, and a lot quicker to take off!

Obviously, the word is spreading; this is clearly a great time to be a Soul Asylum fan—not to mention running a Soul Asylum fansite!

Now, if we could just get every single one of those 17220 friends of Soul Asylum on MySpace to download the song and crash our servers... ;)

Note: The number I've listed is the total number of unique downloads, which means that every IP address is only included once. In other words, each download represents a single individual (with the possible exception of those who have dynamic IP addresses).
Thats awesome!!! So many...Benny did send out a bulletin on myspace telling all Soul Asylum's friends to come download the song from the site so hopefully the number will sky rocket!!!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Awesome. I posted the link on a music forum, so hopefully that will bring even more traffic.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

After telling him about the song over e-mail, I just received a reply from Danny Alexander saying that he's already begun passing along news about the song to his friends and acquaintances, which should draw in even more traffic. He's connected into the world of music journalism, too, so if we're particularly lucky it may even receive a mention somewhere.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

GraveDancer
Runaway

Post by GraveDancer »

The Ron and Fez Show on XM and Sirius Radio will also be airing the song tomorrow 10/27 on satellite radio. I dont have a specific time tho but it will be between noon and 3.

Ron and Fez are on Noon - 3pm EST
XM channel 202 and Sirius channel 197

For those without satellite radio, XM offers a free online trial for 3 days when you register with a valid email address.

http://xmro.xmradio.com/xstream/index.jsp

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

FYI: I was requested to remove the first paragraph of Dave's message on the front page... I wonder if there was a particular reason for this? ;)
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Monolith Maniac wrote:FYI: I was requested to remove the first paragraph of Dave's message on the front page... I wonder if there was a particular reason for this? ;)
Aw, that's kind of too bad. Do you think anybody was genuinely pissed off about it? I don't think any of us who pointed it out were. I can only speak for me, but I think we were just poking at him. It actually made me wish like hell I could send him something that his humor , and frustration at the political climate, would totally appreciate...and which would also be a pretty neat payback ;)

That's too bad they want to take that part down.

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Monolith Maniac wrote:FYI: I was requested to remove the first paragraph of Dave's message on the front page... I wonder if there was a particular reason for this? ;)
NOOOOOO WAAAAAY! Don't do it, Jim! (OK I just realized you did do it - that's too bad, I mean really - I felt bad.

BTW, I post a bulletin in Friendster. Hopefully, other Asians would take interest in the song, too.
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

This song has been going through my head all day. I just hope I don't start singing it during a meeting with the CEO. :)
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Miss Fitt 2 wrote:This song has been going through my head all day. I just hope I don't start singing it during a meeting with the CEO. :)

It's stuck in my head too. I keep thinking how great it would have been at Christmas, at the bean.

Little thought for you....you might want to get it out of your head when you meet up with Bucky this weekend :lol: