[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - New Soul Asylum Song: Let's All Kill Each Other
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 New Soul Asylum Song: Let's All Kill Each Other 
Inmate

Just curious...if the first paragraph of Dave's message is still intact on their MySpace page...why'd this site have to take it off?

So...anyone else on board for them just picking out 10 or 11 more songs in addition to the new one and we'd have ourselves an album!! :D

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:02 am
Inmate

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:13 am
Inmate

My best guess would be that he asked them to take it off here because a percentage of his audience started in to bitch about having been called dumb.
Granted most of us weren't serious about it and it was completely good natured, but text doesn't always convey tone.

And honestly...it's the front page of the SA fansite the band is actually using as their own. Think about it.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:16 am
Profile YIM WWW
Inmate

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:21 pm
Inmate

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:34 am
Profile WWW
Inmate

CrazyLittleWoman - I think I saw you at the show...if you were up there in the front.....maybe? If so... I probably have you in one of the zillion pictures I took since I was playing photo journalist for the Pitch. I wanted to go to St. Louis but I worked that saturday. We went to Des Moines though and had an awesome time.

Homesick - AWww ;) thanks for the awesome art plug! I think I'd pass out from shock if I did art for SA but when I come to I could make something awesome for them. I already name paintings after their titles and lyrics :D

I'm so happy to be here....Soul-a-holics unite!

Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

I found this link where they mention the new song and give a link to this site. http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=958450&spid=1314

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:01 pm
Warden

Wow, that's great! According to the website itself, it "boasts over 3.5 million hits per month." Thanks for the info, Closer!

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

What'd he do, round up the neighbor kids and have them sing "lets all kill each other"?

Somewhere there's a local kindergarten teacher who thinks the kids in her class are morphing into children of the corn..../quote][quote][

I don't know if I did that quote thing right, but Sheryl, this is hilarious.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:23 pm
Inmate

I haven't given my opinion about the song yet, and I'm sure no one is waiting for that, but seeing as it's been a week and I'm still listening a lot to it, I'll give my opinion.
Even though it doesn't hold up to the first two songs in the trilogy, (but that's ok, because both those songs probably belong to their finest) I think it's a great song and the more I listen to it the better it gets, which is odd because usually a catchy song like this only gets boring the more I listen to it.
It sounds youthful and energetic and I think it's impressive to still sound that way for a band that has been going on for so long. The part that I like the most is the bridge. It's twenty seconds, which is long for a fast and punky song like this, and I really like how you can hear an acoustic guitar strumming along in the background if you listen closely, which is something you don't expect either in a punky song. I also like the vocal melody in the bridge, it's typical Dave Pirner style and it's a nice change from the fast lines that he's singing in the verse.
One of the many things I always liked about SA is that a lot of their songs don't have that typical "verse chorus verse" song structure but are more intelligent than that, and that is the only thing that's a little bit lacking for me on The Silver Lining. Only a couple of songs on it have a real bridge.
If the song didn't have this bridge, but if they for example immediately went to the guitar solo after the second chorus, then the song would have been less interesting to me, which doesn't mean that I don't like the rest of the song, but the bridge definitely makes the song for me.
Maybe I've analysed it too much, because it's just a song, but seeing as it's the first new song in over two years, I guess I'm allowed.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next