2008 Dec. 19th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
pathorses
O'Jeezer

Re: Friday December 19th, 2008... 1st Avenue

Post by pathorses »

Wow, Nice Guys and My Best!! Two of my favorites that I've never heard live. Glad you all had a good show and that's great that George was there! Now if I can only hear something about Orlando......

So Dells, what did you get (if I'm not being too nosey...)
Pat

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Hey there - nice to hear everyone who was able to come had a blast (makes me feel happy, too)!

I'm looking forward to pictures and videos - if there are any. :mrgreen:
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

jOhnnyquestions
Lone Rider

Post by jOhnnyquestions »

Y'all might like to see the videos I shot last night.

start here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Cvj4Gu ... annel_page

and go from there.

The quality isn't as good as anyone would like, but it beats nothing.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Thanks everyone for the reviews!! And the videos johnny! Glad everyone had a good time.

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Great show last night, although I have to say the pushing and general rudeness of the audience was not cool. Not much Minnesota nice going on in the crowd.

Anyway, to add to what others have already said about the show last night, I did enjoy when someone in the crowd threw a santa hat on stage and Danny wore it for a bit. I have a kinda fuzzy pic on my myspace page...
http://www.myspace.com/promisesbroken1
Tried to post it as an avatar here, but can't seem to get that feature to work anymore.

Also liked when Danny dumped his cup of whatever he was drinking out on stage and played guitar with his cup!

I didn't get there until after the first band started, but looked around after the show to see if I recognized anyone from here. Honestly, it's so freakin' long between shows that I can hardly remember what some of you look like. Todd - I think I spotted you, but not sure. Aron - Didn't see you at all! And Scott and Traci - Did you guys even make it in from Chicago with the weather? Call me crazy, but perhaps we should post actual photos of ourselves up here so we can spot each other at shows and maybe say hello!?! Eesh!

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Thanks for the great reports, everyone. It's good to know y'all got there safely and had such a good time.

I'm so jealous over that set list. There are several songs on it that I would love to see live, but never have.

dells, I'm glad you got to the show safely and were able to get a spot down front where you could see well.

JohnnyQuestions, thanks for the video, especially of Slowly Rising. That's my favorite song from TSL and I've never seen it performed live, so thanks for posting the video.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

sirsnowdog
Brand New Shine

Post by sirsnowdog »

Hi, I am Rob and I am new to the board. I was at the First Ave show. It was my 2nd time seeing SA. Dells, I was right up front close to you. I got to meet a few guys from this board, includding Jim and a Mother and Daughter whose names I did not get but enjoyed Rocking out with them at the show.

Rob

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

shizzle wrote:Thank goodness New Orleans got snow last Thursday and hopefully it's done. If that snow would've been a week later, it might've kept Dave from getting to Mn for First Ave. It closed down their airport and travel was tough down there for awhile. Counting my blessings here!
That 3/4 of an inch of snow didn't close down our airport. Or if it did it was for so short a time that it didn't impact anything i was aware of. I had people traveling in in the snow that day, via the airport, and nothing so much as glitched. They were coming in for noon and by noon most of the snow had melted anyway.

The only rough spot in travel around here (for a couple of hours) was that they closed a couple of the bridges, rightly realizing that southerners don't know what to do with iced up bridges ;)

I did however have people get all hung up a week later trying to come in from the great white north, where the snow up there made them miss their flight...

I can't imagine a dusting of snow stopping someone from Minneapolis from getting where he needed to go, anyway :)
Northerners...we shove it out of the way and keep on goin.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Miss Fitt 2 wrote:
sayeeda wrote: Where exactly is Corning/Elmira?
New York State, not far from the Pennsylvania border. The closest mid-sized city is Ithaca. It's pretty much the middle of nowhere. I moved here from Boston last year for work. It's definitely interfered with my ability to travel -- and more importantly, my ability to get to as many SA shows as I used to!

I hope everyone else gets to the show safely and has a wonderful time. I don't know if I'm going to want to read the show reports, though. They might break my heart!
you'll be ok if you read them. i've been reading them for what....20 years or something....and it causes pouty lips (*pouty lips on three...1...2...3...*) but it's not so bad.

Living vicariously through the people who did go is better than nothing.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Sounds like a great time.

So...as always at this time of year, my mantra: "Next year I'm going to go for sure!" ;)