His Holeyness

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Re: His Holeyness

Post by dells »

Rob (Yaz McBoo) kindly provided a link to all his pics from the First Avenue show in the show's thread, so I'm sure he wont mind if I also post his best pic of the holy jeans directly in this thread, so the sisterhood can get a quick fix without having to look at ALL the pics to find the best one of the crucial hole. :)
Also, we want to keep the commentary over this pic in this thread, right? ;)
Rob was standing right beside me, so this was my exact vantage point as well.

WARNING: The crotch hole is visible in this pic, but the contents, sadly, are not lit well enough to be visible in the pic so young eyes wont be scarred anyway (skin was perfectly visible in person, though :D Notice how Dave has twisted just perfectly to lay that hole against his thigh? He's too kind to me:D

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

haha, I suspected these pix would end up here. I guess I had to do my best for the ladies here, being up front and all. Mind you the pix I posted are low res files, I can upload an enlargement of Dave's crotch if that's what you need.. I mean... um. damn, nevermind....

-Rob

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Yaz McBoo wrote:haha, I suspected these pix would end up here. I guess I had to do my best for the ladies here, being up front and all. Mind you the pix I posted are low res files, I can upload an enlargement of Dave's crotch if that's what you need.. I mean... um. damn, nevermind....

-Rob
:o

Gee, Rob, I'm not sure it requires an enlargement...

[CLW stares intently at the sky and whistles]
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Hey, dells, Rusty is right: anyone who posts here is a "sister." I even consider Sometime to Return's wife, Sara, to be a member of the Sisterhood because she always keeps her eyes on the prize for us. ;)

Thanks for moving that photo over here. It's a beauty.

Not that I minded looking through all of Rob's photos. They're great.

Surprisingly, this one was my favorite:

I have no idea why. :? I just really like this photo.
Last edited by CrazyLittleWoman on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

new photos from rob..always always always something to look forward to. awesome, thank you!!

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Ladies, do yourselves a favor and head over to the New You Tube Clips thread posted by Little Too Clean. You won't be sorry.

Here's a preview. This clip is a version of Stranger from 1989 that we can all love.
It's live with Dave on sax and singing in his nasal tenor (no hairballs :) ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nNHMAh5 ... re=channel

There are many other treasures to be found in that post, too.

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:This clip is a version of Stranger from 1989 that we can all love.
It's live with Dave on sax and singing in his nasal tenor (no hairballs :) ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nNHMAh5 ... re=channel
OOOOOH Yes! I saw this the second LittleTooClean uploaded the video (because I kept on refreshing his channel - I think I was the first to watch his goodies).

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Here's another one of LittleTooClean's new clips that I couldn't resist moving here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzmhSnbW ... re=channel

Dave is so gloriously bedraggled and yet mm, mm, MMM.

HOW did he DO that? 8-)

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Dunno...but if it's not just the hair, or the clothes, or just his energy and passion, then must be the whole package, and not just a look. The thing is, as someone may have posted earlier somewhere in the forum, Dave doesn't try. He just is. :P

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

sayeeda wrote:The thing is, as someone may have posted earlier somewhere in the forum, Dave doesn't try. He just is. :P
Glad to see that you agreed with my earlier commentary on Dave's "IT" factor.

It's impossible to acurrately describe what IT is, and IT comes in several flavors depending on who's channeling IT, thus, the need to summarize this indescribable deliciousness that sexy ppl have as simply "IT".

Dave's IT factor is so strong that his IT comes through loud and clear even when he's just kicking back, mumbling an incomprehensible comment in an interveiw. Put the man on a stage, with a guiter and a song to sing, and his IT factor just explodes beyond all comprehension.

Speaking of his guitar, since I'm safely in His Holeyness... I'm gonna throw caution to the wind, jump blissfully into the gutter with a resounding splash and ask the sisterhood: Don't you wish you were that guiter sometimes? ;) It's sad to be envious of an inanimate object, LOL, but I admit that I am quite often.

I'm now releasing the safety on my can of bear pepper spray :lol:,
dells