How old are you?

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.

How old are you?

15 or younger
5%
16-25
22%
26-35
41%
36-50
31%
51 or older
2%

Total votes: 64

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Re:

Post by dells »

sheryl wrote:I'm 44, which puts me squarely in the "older than dirt" category.
Sheryl, you can't think like that. Since
A) we're very close to Dave & Dan in age (I'm 41 now, born in '67) and

B) more importantly, we still rock out to great music,

We're much younger than our years would suggest.

I continue to shock every teen that finds out my age when we're talking music or playing Diablo II online. I get huge respect at how well I kick ass at that game, or my taste in music is revealed, even though most teens would consider me a "senior citizen" until they find out my interests.

My son, is also a Soul Asylum fan (since he was 3, I've raised him right ;) ) is 20 now, will be 21 this coming March. He's a big fan of the music, but doesn't bother with typical "fan obcessions" so he doesn't feel the need to participate in online fandom for anybody.

dells
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner

carolp
Stranger

Re: How old are you?

Post by carolp »

I'm 24.
And I gotta say, this is the nicest forum I've ever been to, don't know if it has anything to do with age or not, but people here seem so much nicer than in the other few forums I'm a part of. Maybe it's something to do with the band...
Thanks for that, guys!

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

I'm 42.

I do have to say there is always some sort of divide between old fans and new fans.

But here I think here we try to bridge the gap with everyone.

:D

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

out of curiosity, are 'new' fans anybody who never heard of SA before GDU? or is the line later in time?
i definitely haven't noticed any divide on this site- the earlydayfans seem very nice to the new fans. :)

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

zany wrote:out of curiosity, are 'new' fans anybody who never heard of SA before GDU? or is the line later in time?
i definitely haven't noticed any divide on this site- the earlydayfans seem very nice to the new fans. :)
I consider myself as a "new" fan because I got to know Soul Asylum after The Silver Lining came out. I think it's safe to assume that "new" fans are those who just discovered the band during TSL years.

And yes, I can attest to what zany and LittleTooClean said. Fans here may have some sort of gap, but it's very negligible because everyone is friendly to everybody else.
carolp wrote:And I gotta say, this is the nicest forum I've ever been to, don't know if it has anything to do with age or not, but people here seem so much nicer than in the other few forums I'm a part of. Maybe it's something to do with the band
I can say that too (though I haven't joined other forums, but I read enough forums for me to evaluate)! But we also have to give due credit to our moderators here. Thanks to Jakob (that's Homesick) and Jim (aka Monolith Maniac) for keeping this site fan-friendly and constantly updated. :mrgreen:
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

laurenalexander
Marionette

Post by laurenalexander »

Jakob you are only 21-ish? Holy moly! Nice.

Okay I'm 27. I first heard of SA when I was oh....12ish and then I forgot about them until last year! Now I love them....LOVE them.... ;)

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

Lauren - you're another ME :)! i'm 28 and first heard of them around age 12 too and they were my fav. band. then not sure what happened for many years. i accidentally noticed a show near me last summer that i went to and re-sparked my lapsed fan-hood. i have guilt for missing past shows that were near me that i didn't know about. nice to hear of another fan that disappeared and came back like me :)
laurenalexander wrote:Jakob you are only 21-ish? Holy moly! Nice.

Okay I'm 27. I first heard of SA when I was oh....12ish and then I forgot about them until last year! Now I love them....LOVE them.... ;)

mrock61
Stranger

Post by mrock61 »

I am 47 and a little too clean these days but hey I will live longer that way. RIP Ron Asheton, damn he was only 60 and still rockin'

Mark

erocmann
Inmate

Post by erocmann »

I'm 33 and have been a huge fan since I was about 14...That's when I first heard "Horse". I still consider myself somewhat of a "new" fan though, as the band has been around for so long and I'm still finding "new" material from them in the form of live performances, b-sides, covers, ect. that I had never heard before.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

laurenalexander wrote:Jakob you are only 21-ish? Holy moly! Nice.

Yep, just 21, so sometimes I feel like a freshman in a crowd of seniors. ;)

I thought something looked missing, by the way, so I took the liberty of restoring your cute avatar (the forum lost track of them all after we reinstalled it recently). If anyone else misses their avatar, look it up at http://www.enterthesoulasylum.com/other/avatars/.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com