Shows, shows, shows!

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Shows, shows, shows!

Post by Monolith Maniac »

In honor of Inauguration Day in the United States, we thought it would also seem fitting for EnterTheSoulAsylum.com to also bring in something new; we are proud to introduce the "shows" section for the site. This area of the site contains a complete listing of all known shows and appearances that Soul Asylum has made spanning their three decade career; from their Loud Fast Rules era right up to the present day. As with all other Soul Asylum material on this site, we hope to follow our tradition by making the shows section the most up to date and accurate resource available to you online.

This area of the site will constantly be updated with new details regarding future shows and other information as soon as possible. You will also be able to locate shows using our site's search should you want to view all the performances located at a certain venue (e.g. First Avenue) or any location (e.g. Minneapolis) over the past years (though there still may be a few bugs to be worked out at the moment).

I want to give special thanks to all those who have kept records/archives of many performances over the past years helping make this section a lot easier on my part to compile, especially Todd Norman and Mike Wilson.

If you should come across any additions, errors, etc. that can be made, it would be greatly appreciated so we can update them as soon as possible (though please refrain from posting them in this thread, but by sending them to me via private message).

We hope you enjoy this addition to the site; feedback of any type is greatly appreciated.

Click to visit the shows section.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Re: Shows, shows, shows!

Post by lune ellise »

YES! I've been waiting for this! Soul Asylum History 101 here I come! :D :D :D

Seriously, thanks for putting this up - bet this was as challenging as the Discography section...
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

OOOH i like the new icon at the top of the page :) it looks very festive!

looks snazzy. now i can see all the shows near me that i missed when i was a lapsed fan... so frustrating!

thanks for all the work of making the new section!

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

Thanks for posting this! I had no idea Soul Asylum and Fastball played together! If only I had heard of them both back in 2005 and I lived in Chicago(or the two shows in 2006 that were actually quite a bit closer to me). That would have been awesome.
Last edited by stuck_in_the_90s on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Wahoo! it's arrived! I've long been hoping for and looking forward to seeing a complete list of shows to arrive on the site. It's an extremely important resource to have, so I'm very grateful for all the work that you put into creating this shows section, Jim.

It's very fitting that you chose Inaugeration day for this important section's grand opening.

I've enjoyed tripping down memory lane, recalling shows that I did get to, shows I wanted to or tried to attend, but was foiled in one way or another, and shows that were too far away to even consider attending, but enjoyed reading about after the fact. Brrings back great memories of every era of my SA "fanhood" Thanks a BUNCH for building the "lane" for me to trip down. :)

I do have 2 more shows for the 2005 collection, so I'll PM those to you, Jim.

Again, THANKS for the shows section!!!

dells

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Great job!! It looks great! Goodness they've played alot of gigs! I'm gonna have to get out my old tickets stubs though, since I don't see my 1st ever concert listed!! I know it was in 95..just not exactly when...( now for the wild goose chase!) I'll pm it to you once I find it Jim!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Hey Jim. Well, as I've already mentioned in my pm, awesome job! I know you put in a whole lotta work into it and it's definitely paid off! The shows page looks great!

I see you added the BoDeans to the St. John's Block Party. Thanks. It looks complete now. ;)

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Great work Jim! I finally finished reading all the pages from Shows. I especially like your side comments, e.g. "the awesome show" from Minnesota Music Awards 1986, and trivia e.g. "the first performance of Let's All Kill Each Other".

Looking forward for the setlists!
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

wow, that looks awesome! I too have been waiting for something like this to hit the site!

Thanks goes out to all of those involved in making this happen!!
:mrgreen:
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Awesome! Thanks! So neat to look back... I was there!!!